11 killed, 40 hurt in Tamil Nadu bus accidentJune 4th, 2008 - 5:55 pm ICT by IANS
Uthagamandalam (Tamil Nadu), June 4 (IANS) Eleven people, including an eleven-month-old infant and three women, were killed Wednesday in a bus accident at Kallahatti village near this hill station, the police said. Forty seriously injured passengers are undergoing treatment in a government hospital here, the police said.
The accident occurred when the bus driver lost control while avoiding an oncoming vehicle on a mountain road linking this hill station to Mysore. The bus fell into a 620-feet deep gorge.
Nestled in the Western Ghats, situated 650 km southwest of capital Chennai, the region has narrow roads constricted further by landslips. Drivers often rashly overtake in the hills, police officials added.
- 34 killed in Zambian road accident - Jul 28, 2011
- Eight pilgrims killed in Himachal (Lead) - Jul 15, 2012
- Seven people killed in Himachal accidents - May 09, 2012
- School bus in Kashmir rolls into gorge, 3 killed (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- 17 killed, several injured in Tamil Nadu bus accident - Dec 02, 2010
- 51 killed, 46 injured as bus falls into Himachal gorge (Fourth Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- 35 injured in bus accident in Rajouri - Jul 25, 2012
- 27 killed in Himachal bus accident - Oct 25, 2011
- Pakistan: Seven passengers die after bus driver falls asleep - Apr 12, 2012
- Two killed, 15 wounded in Kashmir road accidents - May 11, 2011
- 12 injured in Valley road accidents - Dec 22, 2010
- Six killed in Meghalaya bus accident - Jul 31, 2011
- 23 injured in Kashmir bus accident - Jan 10, 2012
- Mamata wants stringent anti-accident law - Aug 13, 2011
- 14 killed in two Nagaland accidents - Jan 06, 2012