11 killed, 30 injured in Uttar Pradesh accident (Lead)January 25th, 2009 - 5:06 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Jan 25 (IANS) At least 11 people were killed and 30 injured when a passenger train collided with a tractor-trolley and a truck at an unmanned railway crossing in Rae Bareli district of Uttar Pradesh early Sunday, a police official said.The accident took place near the Unchahar railway station in Rae Bareli district, some 40 km from here.
“It appears that due to the heavy fog, the drivers of the tractor-trolley and the truck could not see the Kanpur Passenger Express train and as a result the accident took place,” district police chief Tarun Gaba told IANS on telephone.
He said eight people riding in the tractor-trolley and a cleaner of the truck died on the spot. As many as 30 injured are undergoing treatment at a district hospital.
The train was on its way to Allahabad from Kanpur.
- Nine killed, 35 injured in Uttar Pradesh accident - Jan 25, 2009
- Major train accidents in the last six years - Jul 07, 2011
- 12 killed in train-trolley mishap near Rae Bareli - Jan 25, 2009
- One killed, 15 injured in tractor-train collision - Nov 12, 2009
- Five killed in train-tractor trolley mishap - May 27, 2011
- Three killed in Haryana school bus accident - Feb 22, 2011
- 4 killed in train-tractor collision - Nov 20, 2009
- Six killed as train rams into vehicle - Mar 09, 2010
- Lalu Prasad announces relief for Rae Bareli accident victims - Jan 26, 2009
- Five killed, over 50 injured in three separate train accidents - Jan 02, 2010
- Nine killed in UP rail accident - Mar 09, 2010
- Nine killed as train rams into tractor-tolley (Lead) - Mar 09, 2010
- 43 major train tragedies in two decades (Lead) - Jul 19, 2010
- Eight devotees killed in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 15, 2010
- 41 killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Aug 22, 2011