11 Haryana power officials suspended for contractor nexusNovember 23rd, 2011 - 7:21 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Nov 23 (IANS) Exposing the nexus between its officers and contractors in award of contracts, the Dakshin Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam (DHBVN) Wednesday placed 11 officers, including senior engineers, under suspension.
The action followed a report by a committee of senior officers which found that certain officials had a nexus with contractors which was causing loss of millions of rupees to the DHBVN.
A DHBVN spokesman said that on receiving a complaint from a contractor about unscrupulous activities by the officials, DHBVN managing director Mohammed Shayin got the matter investigated.
“The committee found that there existed a nexus between officials of the Nigam and contractors, which resulted in quoting of rates in pool, causing loss to the Nigam, misappropriation of material drawn from stores, wrong measurements, wrong certifications and undue directions to release the withheld payments,” the spokesman said.
The committee, which submitted its report Tuesday, observed that due to the nexus between contractors and officials, the loss caused to the Nigam by these officers was intentional.
“It was astonishing to note that instead of putting a check on the misdeeds of juniors, the senior officers also indulged in malpractices,” the report said.
Following the submission of the report, Shayin ordered the suspension of Faridabad construction circle superintending engineer Vipon Chanda and 10 other engineers and officials.
Interestingly, three of these officers are under suspension on charges of bribery and malpractices in other cases.
Recommending serious action against the erring contractors also, Shayin pointed out that the contractor who complained in the case was himself part of the earlier nexus with the officers.
- Abandoned pit: Gurgaon contractor gets notice - Jul 10, 2012
- Fog disrupts power transmission in Haryana - Dec 22, 2011
- One-fourth of Gurgaon, Faridabad to get 24-hour power - May 14, 2012
- Haryana asks ITES units to change power connections - Apr 27, 2011
- Power firm CA arrested for taking bribe - Feb 26, 2012
- Haryana consumers to get power bill on SMS - Mar 05, 2011
- Incentive for timely bill payment to Haryana panchayats - Sep 29, 2010
- Power defaulters pay Rs.14.7 crore - Dec 19, 2009
- Now, court cases to prevent power theft in Haryana - Feb 15, 2011
- Haryana discom to file police complaints for power theft - Mar 13, 2010
- Power bill waiver: Rs.3,900 crore arrears for Haryana - Feb 29, 2012
- Now, electricity sub-stations that work through remote! - Nov 23, 2010
- Haryana power agency collects record revenue - Sep 02, 2010
- 'Cut power supply of defaulting Haryana offices' - Mar 24, 2010
- Haryana residents take to the streets over power woes - Jul 05, 2012
Tags: asian news, bribery, certifications, chanda, dakshin, dhbvn, haryana, indo, ji, js, juniors, managing director, measurements, misappropriation, mohammed, news service, nexus, rupees, spokesman said that, vitran