109 cases of dengue in BengalAugust 23rd, 2012 - 8:43 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 23 (IANS) As many as 109 confirmed cases of dengue have been reported so far in West Bengal, a senior health official said Friday.
“So far there are 109 patients who have been confirmed as suffering from dengue. We are keeping a close watch on the situation. The menace is on rise but we have taken measures to control it and it will bear results very soon,” director, health services B.R. Satpathy told IANS.
When the endemic first came in fore in the second week of August, the number of confirmed cases was 80.
For the last few days, several people in and around Kolkata have been admitted to several hospitals with symptoms similar to dengue.
The state government has decided to launch an intense awareness campaign throughout all the disease prone areas, and also to train 142 medical officers of Kolkata Municipal Corporation (KMC) to tackle the menace, as most of the confirmed cases are reported in the city.
“The efforts taken by the health department and the government have already started bearing results but it will take some time to control the situation. Tomorrow (Friday), we will hold a review meeting to take a stalk about the entire situation in the state,” said Satpathy
- 209 cases of dengue in Bengal - Aug 24, 2012
- 80 confirmed cases of dengue in Bengal - Aug 10, 2012
- 313 cases of dengue reported in West Bengal - Aug 27, 2012
- Bengal to increase awareness in dengue affected areas - Aug 11, 2012
- Bengal dengue cases reach 570 - Aug 31, 2012
- 517 dengue cases, two deaths in Bengal - Aug 30, 2012
- Bengal dengue cases rise to 643; cause Congress, Trinamool spat - Sep 02, 2012
- Bengal dengue toll goes up to 3, confirmed cases 638 - Sep 01, 2012
- Delay in checking dengue in Bengal, says governor - Sep 11, 2012
- Mamata raps civic bodies for negligence in preventing dengue - Sep 07, 2012
- Dengue kills three more in Andhra - Oct 25, 2011
- Pakistan government to use Facebook for dengue awareness in Punjab - Oct 08, 2011
- Now Karachi frets over dengue outbreak - Aug 22, 2011
- 5,000 suspected dengue cases reported in Pakistan - Sep 14, 2011
- 10 dead, over 2,000 hit by dengue in Pakistan - Sep 09, 2011
Tags: awareness campaign, close watch, dengue, endemic, few days, health department, health official, health services, hospitals, intense awareness, kolkata, measures, medical officers, prone areas, senior health, stalk, state government, west bengal, will take some time