100 shanties gutted in Delhi fire (Lead)June 22nd, 2012 - 2:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 22 (IANS) Around 100 shanties were gutted in fire in a slum cluster in the capital Friday morning. While people in the affected area are being evacuated, no casualty has been reported so far, an official said.
The fire broke out in the slum cluster off the Mata Sundari Road near the ITO crossing, and within minutes the shanties were gutted, a police official said.
“On receiving a call around 9.30 a.m., 30 fire tenders were pressed into service. The blaze was completely doused by around 11.15 a.m.,” a fire department official said.
“A transformer near the slum cluster was found completely gutted. The residents of the affected area are being evacuated. The fire was doused before it could reach the area near the Lok Nayak Hospital and GB Pant Hospital,” the official added.
The cause of the blaze is yet to be ascertained.
- Fire at slum cluster in Delhi - Jun 22, 2012
- Factory gutted in Kolkata - Apr 01, 2012
- Thousands left homeless as jhuggis gutted in Delhi - Jun 01, 2012
- 70 shanties gutted in fire - Feb 03, 2012
- Fire guts 200 shanties in Bangladesh - Feb 19, 2012
- Four children killed in Bengal slum fire - Dec 30, 2010
- Blaze at IGI cargo terminal, offices gutted (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Efforts still on to douse fire at Delhi's Chandni Chawk (Second Lead) - Nov 29, 2010
- Over 500 huts gutted in Delhi, no casualties - Apr 05, 2011
- One killed in Delhi slum fire - Apr 18, 2010
- Hundreds homeless as shacks gutted in Delhi (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Major fire at Delhi power station (Lead) - Jul 03, 2011
- Two killed in slum fire - Oct 29, 2011
- Fire rages at Chandni Chowk warehouse - Nov 29, 2010
- Delhi power station blaze doused, no casualty (Second Lead) - Jul 03, 2011