100 residents file complaint against conmanJune 6th, 2009 - 6:52 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 6 (IANS) As many as 100 residents of different localities in Uttar Pradesh’s Mathura district Saturday registered a complaint against alleged conman Ashok Jadeja for duping them of over Rs.5.5 million, police said.
The case against Jadeja has been lodged by the residents of Mat, Kosi and Govardhan towns in Mathura, about 300 km from here.
“The residents also named Jadeja’s wife Neetu and eight others who took money from them after an assurance that it would be tripled and returned to them within a short period,” Superintendent of Police (city) Uday Pratap told IANS on telephone.
Jadeja is presently in police net for allegedly cheating thousands of followers while posing as a godman. He and his wife were nabbed by police on June 1 with Rs.19.8 million in cash stashed in a car in Ahmedabad.
- Gujarat conman, his devotees to face income tax scrutiny - Jun 04, 2009
- Police to interrogate conman Jadeja's kin - Jun 08, 2009
- Police probing if conman dabbled in stock market, real estate - Jun 08, 2009
- Conman's Bollywood connections to be probed: police - Jun 05, 2009
- I never forced people to invest, says 'conman' Jadeja - Jun 13, 2009
- Ahmedabad court approves narco test on 'conman' Jadeja - Jul 10, 2009
- UP police to seek custody of interstate conman Ashok Jadeja - Jun 07, 2009
- Gujarat conman's relative detained for questioning - Jun 07, 2009
- Notorious 'conman' Jadeja faces police heat - Jun 09, 2009
- To record conman Jadeja's wealth, Gujarat cops hire accountants - Jun 22, 2009
- Couple arrested for cheating job aspirants - Dec 23, 2010
- Man cheating people with aviation sector jobs arrested - Mar 10, 2011
- Two more arrested in Rajasthan's multi-million rupee fraud - Feb 18, 2012
- Businessmen who duped investors of Rs.2,000 mn extradited - Mar 20, 2012
- Four nabbed for duping railway job seekers - Aug 25, 2012