100 hospitalised as chlorine gas leaks in JamshedpurMay 27th, 2008 - 10:58 pm ICT by admin
Ranchi May 27 (IANS) Around 100 people were hospitalised after chlorine gas leaked from a Telco plant, run by the Tata group, in Jamshedpur district Tuesday. “The chlorine gas leaked from an abandoned tank. Nearly one hundred people complained about respiratory problem. They have been admitted in the hospital. Some people have been given oxygen,” said R.K. Agrawal, Jamshedpur’s deputy commissioner.
He said: “We have called experts to assess the situation. As of now, the situation is not alarming”.
Chlorine gas is used to purify water. The gas leaked around 6.30 p.m from three tanks of the water purifier plant of Telco.