10-year-old kills friend over TV disputeJune 2nd, 2009 - 3:15 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 2 (IANS) A 10-year-old boy in an Uttar Pradesh village shot dead his friend following a fight over the remote control while watching television, police said Tuesday.
Shyam Singh was watching television at his home in Goregaon village in Sultanpur district Monday night when his neighbour and friend Siddhant came over and changed the channel.
When Siddhant, who was also 10, refused to hand over the remote after repeated requests, Shyam shot him dead with his brother’s pistol.
“Shyam fired at his friend from a country-made pistol that belongs to his brother,” police inspector Parshuram Singh told IANS over telephone.
Police are yet to trace Shyam, who is absconding.
“According to Shyam’s family members, the boy fled the scene soon after the attack. Efforts are on to nab Shyam,” the official said.
Sultanpur is about 150 km from Lucknow.
- Man kills wife for not feeding daughter - May 11, 2012
- Boy shot dead during cricket match in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 06, 2009
- Daughter's marriage called off, man kills boy's parents - Jan 04, 2011
- Couple held with 15 pistols in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 21, 2011
- 40 illegal firearms seized, three held - Nov 10, 2011
- Man shot dead by colleague - Jun 26, 2011
- Man held for honour killing in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 01, 2011
- Three robbers lynched in UP village - Sep 06, 2012
- 13 Mumbai college-goers kill friend - Apr 19, 2012
- Man kills girl for spurning friendship (Lead) - Feb 11, 2011
- Sons of former MP kill youth in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 14, 2010
- Class 9 student shoots at schoolmate - Sep 15, 2011
- Teenager kills, burns parents in Haryana - May 14, 2012
- Radhika's killer sent to four days' police custody (Second Lead) - Mar 12, 2011
- 12-year-old critical after friend fires at him - Jun 09, 2010