10-year-old Dalit girl gang raped in Uttar PradeshFebruary 5th, 2009 - 3:58 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Feb 5 (IANS) A 10-year-old Dalit girl was allegedly gang raped by three men in a village in Uttar Pradesh, police said Thursday.”The victim’s mother, a resident of Ray village in Fatehpur, has alleged that her daughter was raped Wednesday evening by three men,” police inspector Pankaj Mishra told IANS by phone. Fatehpur is around 200 km from the state capital Lucknow.
The girl had gone to a house in the village to watch TV. The owner of the house, along with his two relatives, allegedly raped her, Mishra said.
The victim returned home and narrated the incident to her mother, who approached the police Wednesday night and registered a case against the three men, he said.
The police are yet to arrest the accused. “The girl has undergone medical examinations and we are waiting for the reports,” said Mishra.
- Main accused arrested in Dalit girl attack - Feb 07, 2011
- Girija Vyas pulls up Mayawati Govt. over rising rape cases in UP - Feb 07, 2011
- Nine rapes in last two days in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 21, 2011
- Dalit girl attacked for resisting rape, one held - Feb 06, 2011
- Teenaged girl gang-raped in Pakistan - Oct 01, 2011
- Rahul meets three rape victims in Uttar Pradesh (Lead) - Feb 08, 2011
- Haryana university student alleges gang-rape - May 18, 2012
- Minor burnt to death for resisting rape - Sep 21, 2011
- Two more rape cases reported in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 25, 2011
- Teenager abducted, gangraped in Gurgaon - May 10, 2012
- Two Uttar Pradesh cops booked for gang-rape - Jun 22, 2011
- Another teen attacked in Uttar Pradesh, one held - Feb 09, 2011
- Four more rape cases, attack on women reported in UP - Jun 20, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh's fifth rape case in a day (Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
- Congress workers clash with UP Police during Rahul Gandhi's visit - Feb 07, 2011