10 tonnes of hashish seized in KarachiNovember 16th, 2011 - 10:21 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Nov 16 (IANS) More than 10 tonnes of hashish worth Rs.500 million have been seized by anti-narcotics officials in Karachi, a media report said Wednesday.
The Anti-Narcotics Force said it received information that a gang of smugglers was trafficking a huge quantity of narcotics to Germany.
The suspected shipping container was seized at the Port Qasim international terminal in Karachi. The narcotics were found in 510 cartons, concealed in rolls of fabric, the Daily Times reported.
Two men have been arrested in this connection, officials said.
A statement said that in 2011, over 933 kg heroin, 12,841 kg hashish, five kg opium, three kg cocaine, 25 kg poppy plants, 26,500 kg poppy seeds and 2,750 bottles of liquor have been seized in Sindh province.
- No one cures Punjab's drug problem (Punjab Newsletter) - Feb 10, 2012
- Punjab drug scene hits a new 'high' - Nov 22, 2010
- 77,000 kg narcotics seized in Pakistan - Jan 08, 2012
- Dubai police seize over 56 kg hashish - Aug 04, 2012
- 400 kg hashish seized in Afghanistan - Nov 06, 2011
- Drugs worth Rs.400 mn seized in Pakistan - Nov 23, 2010
- Massive amounts of drugs seized in Afghanistan - Sep 13, 2012
- 54 drug smugglers held in Afghanistan - Jan 10, 2011
- 10 held, 400 kg drugs seized in Turkey - Jun 09, 2010
- Narcotics worth Rs.27 million seized - Mar 06, 2010
- Two smugglers nabbed, 25 kg heroin seized - Jan 21, 2010
- One ton drugs seized in Iran - Jun 24, 2012
- Turkey seized 11 tonnes of hashish in 2011 - Dec 17, 2011
- Himachal women on mission to uproot cannabis (Feature) - Jul 12, 2011
- 17 cocaine labs destroyed in Colombia - Jan 26, 2012
Tags: cartons, cocaine, fabric, hashish, heroin, international terminal, islamabad, kg, liquor, narcotics, opium, poppy plants, poppy seeds, port qasim, shipping container, smugglers, tonnes, trafficking, two men, worth rs