10 security men killed in Pakistan suicide bombingOctober 27th, 2008 - 1:12 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Oct 27 (Xinhua) At least 10 security men were killed in a suicide bombing late Sunday night in Pakistan’s tribal belt in the northwest, The Nation newspaper reported Monday. A suicide bomber rammed his explosives-laden car into the Frontier Constabulary’s (FC) Nakai checkpost in Mohmand tribal district, said the report.
The security personnel opened fire on the bomber to stop him from approaching the check post but failed. The huge explosion destroyed the check post killing at least 10 FC men on the spot.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
The security forces have arrested a number of suspects and started investigations.
President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani strongly condemned the suicide attack.
- More blasts in Pakistan, three killed (Lead) - Jan 13, 2011
- Two Pakistanis dead in Taliban attack - Nov 02, 2011
- Suicide blast kills nine Pakistani troopers (Lead) - Dec 24, 2011
- 20 dead in Pakistan suicide attack (Third Lead) - May 05, 2012
- Three killed in another blast in Pakistan - Jan 13, 2011
- Six kids among 26 killed in Pakistan attacks (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Five troopers killed in Pakistan suicide bombing - Dec 24, 2011
- Pakistani dies as suicide vest blows up - Aug 07, 2011
- Suicide bomber kills 10 in Darra Adam Khel - May 11, 2009
- 13 killed in Iraq car bombing - Nov 28, 2011
- Taliban's revenge: 80 killed in Pakistan suicide blasts (Third Lead) - May 13, 2011
- One policeman killed in Pakistan blast (Lead) - Nov 12, 2011
- 10 dead, 45 wounded in Iraq suicide bombing - Jun 04, 2012
- Blasts rock Pakistan, 11 killed - Sep 18, 2012
- 15 die in Pakistan suicide bombing (Second Lead) - May 04, 2012