10 Mumbai bar girls held for nude dances in DelhiMarch 24th, 2008 - 11:28 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, March 24 (IANS) Suresh Kumar, who organised nude dance shows for his customers in the capital for seven months, ran out of his luck when the police arrested 10 semi-nude bar dancers and nine of his clients from a hotel, officials said Monday. Suresh Kumar, a 42-year-old resident of west Delhi’s Moti Nagar, and his accomplice Dalbir Singh, a resident of Tilak Nagar, were arrested Sunday night for organising an obscene DJ dance party at the Prince Palace Hotel in New Moti Nagar industrial area.
Sleuths of Delhi Police’s Crime Branch said it was the eighth time when the duo had called 10 bar dancers from Mumbai to perform an “obscene dance show” to entertain clients here.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime Branch) Anil Shukla said the duo were arranging such dance shows for the past six-seven months. They charged Rs.1,500 from each customer who watched the shows.
“Following a tip-off, we conducted a raid at the hotel and found nine customers in obscene condition with 10 semi-nude girls. All the 10 girls and nine customers were arrested,” Shukla said.
“Audio CDs containing obscene songs were also seized. During investigation it was found that Singh had arranged for the girls from Mumbai and was acting as conduit,” he added.
Singh, in his interrogation, admitted he arranged for the girls who earlier had worked as dancers in various Mumbai bars.
As the Maharashtra government banned the dance bars, these girls lost their jobs and many of them turned to prostitution.
Taking advantage of the situation, Singh lured some girls to perform nude dances in parties in Delhi, Shukla said.
The police said Kumar was a fruit vendor before he took the hotel on lease for Rs.20,000 per month.
- No arrests yet in MMS-linked Punjab double murder - Jan 14, 2012
- Two arrested for peddling cocaine - Aug 28, 2012
- Love for woman leads to murder - Sep 19, 2011
- Paris is a total party girl: Bipasha (Movie Snippets) - Sep 26, 2011
- Mumbai dance bars raided, 55 girls and 66 customers arrested - Jan 10, 2010
- Bihar cattle fair theatres lose licence for vulgar dances - Dec 08, 2010
- Rs.50 lakh stolen from clerk's house, recovered - Dec 08, 2010
- Five Indians arrested for obscenity in Nepal - Dec 27, 2010
- Five held for cheating finance company - Jan 31, 2012
- Nude Indian dancers' tale propaganda, say Nepal Police - Oct 25, 2010
- BJP protests petrol price hike in capital - May 16, 2011
- Disco-loving cops colour Chandigarh crime scene - Dec 14, 2011
- Sex workers rescued from Goa nightclub - Dec 05, 2011
- Two drug peddlers jailed for 10 years - Apr 24, 2012
- Hyderabad police impose restrictions for New Year celebrations - Dec 23, 2011
Tags: accomplice, bar girls, commissioner of police, crime branch, dance show, delhi police, deputy commissioner, dj dance party, eighth time, fruit vendor, hotel officials, maharashtra government, moti, police crime, prince palace hotel, semi nude girls, seven months, sleuths, suresh kumar, west delhi