10 Maoists held in Chhattisgarh for attack on policeMay 29th, 2009 - 9:18 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, May 29 (IANS) Ten suspected Maoists were arrested Friday in Chhattisgarh’s Dhamtari district for their alleged role in an ambush on a police patrol early this month in which 13 people were killed.
The rebels were arrested in village Risgaon in Dhamtari, some 125 km from capital Raipur.
Insurgents had ambushed police vehicles in a forested stretch of the district May 10 in which 12 policemen and a civilian were killed.
“The insurgents, mostly active members of the village committee of the banned Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist), were arrested for their role in killing of policemen early this month,” Neha Champawat, Dhamtari district superintendent of police, told reporters.
The officer said that police recovered Maoist literature from the suspects’ houses during the search.
- After attack, Chhattisgarh hunts for Maoists - Oct 22, 2011
- Maoist ambush kills three cops in Bastar - Oct 21, 2011
- 15 Maoists arrested in Chhattisgarh - Oct 05, 2010
- Maoist strike cripples Chhattisgarh, 8 cops injured (Lead) - May 17, 2012
- Five Maoists involved in cop massacre held in Jharkhand - Feb 29, 2012
- Chhattisgarh fears more red strikes - Aug 20, 2011
- Maoists release five abducted cops in Chhattisgarh - Feb 11, 2011
- Maoist violence down, says Chidambaram - Jun 14, 2011
- Maoists kill villager, blast Chitrakot police post (Second Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- Four Chhattisgarh cops suspended for suspected Maoist's death - Jan 15, 2012
- Maoists shot policemen in head, burnt two - Jan 22, 2012
- Maoists kill Salwa Judum leader, eight rebels arrested (Lead) - Feb 03, 2011
- Maoists kill six cops in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - Oct 21, 2011
- Two Maoists held in Chhattisgarh - Jan 13, 2012
- Forest official killed by Maoists in Chhattisgarh (Second Lead) - Mar 22, 2011