10 lakh students appear in all-India engineering entrance testApril 30th, 2012 - 12:17 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 29 (IANS) Around 10 lakh students Sunday appeared in the All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) 2012 at 1,735 centres across the country.
Another 164,000 candidates would take the exam online May 7, 12, 19 and 26 at 221 centres.
The AIEEE 2012, conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education, was a three-hour long examination with four versions of question papers, each having 90 questions.
The exam had 30 multiple choice questions each from physics, chemistry and mathematics for total of 360.
According to Ajay Antony, vice president at T.I.M.E, a prominent tutorial for entrance examinations, “the level of difficulty for this year’s AIEEE was down by as much as 10 percent from last year. The physics section was the toughest this year.”
According to Gautam Puri, vice chairman and managing director of CL Educate Limited, another tutorial, “Anyone scoring 50 percent marks in the paper should secure an all-India rank in the vicinity of 15,000.”
The AIEEE is a national level competitive test for admission to under-graduate engineering (B.Tech/B.E.) and architecture (B.Arch) courses in government and private institutes, including five Indian Institutes of Information Technology and 30 National Institutes of Technology (NITs). The institutes use the score obtained in the exam by an admission seeker as a criterion for offering them courses.
- AIEEE exam held after three hour delay (Lead) - May 01, 2011
- The new IIT exam pattern (Factfile) - Jun 28, 2012
- States unwilling to join new IIT-JEE format - Jun 06, 2012
- CBSE gears up for all-India engineering entrance test - Apr 26, 2012
- IIT Kanpur revolts, to hold separate entrance exam - Jun 08, 2012
- AIEEE exam delayed after paper leak - May 01, 2011
- IITs agree to a compromise, but retain hold on test (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Can't deny education to students on bonafide mistakes: Court - Aug 04, 2012
- Common admission test for B-schools now - Dec 05, 2011
- Dissent grows over new pattern of IIT-JEE - May 30, 2012
- Online entrance test planned for budding engineers - Nov 22, 2010
- IITs agree to a compromise, but retain hold on test (Second Lead, correcting spelling) - Jun 28, 2012
- Now, IIT-Kanpur seeks PM's intervention on common test - Jun 11, 2012
- IIT Delhi also revolts, to conduct own exam (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- 500,000 students take IIT-JEE exam across India - Apr 08, 2012
Tags: ajay, antony, april 29, b tech, board of secondary education, central board of secondary education, criterion, entrance examination, graduate engineering, india engineering, india rank, indian institutes, institutes of technology, managing director, multiple choice questions, national institutes of technology, private institutes, question papers, vice chairman, vicinity