10 killed in Gurgaon road accident (Lead)November 16th, 2011 - 8:54 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, Nov 16 (IANS) Ten people were killed and six injured when a mini-truck in which they were travelling on the Delhi-Jaipur highway rammed into a wrongly parked truck in Haryana’s Gurgaon district early Wednesday, police said.
While eight of the victims died on the accident spot near Kherki Daula toll plaza, two died on way to hospital, a police official said. All victims were aged 30-40 years.
The accident caused a traffic jam on the busy national highway No.8 (NH 8).
“A truck full with building material was parked on the main road near Rampura where there was a traffic diversion due to the widening and strengthening of NH 8 from Gurgaon to Jaipur,” said the official.
“The driver of the mini-truck, carrying 16 people and iron rods and marble could not see the parked truck and rammed into it,” said Kherki Daula police station chief Rajiv Yadav.
The mini-truck was coming from Kotputli in Rajasthan and was on way to Delhi.
Only five of those killed could be identified. They are Dilip Kumar, Aziz Ahmed, Furtu, Ramjan Ali and Shamshad - all hailing from Uttar Pradesh.
A case of negligence was registered against the driver of the parked truck.
- Criminal case against Delhi-Jaipur highway builder - Aug 28, 2012
- Two killed, seven injured in Agra truck crash - May 11, 2012
- Ghaziabad accident claims 7 lives - Aug 23, 2011
- One dead, two injured in Delhi road accident - Jul 21, 2012
- Four killed in Punjab road accident - Sep 17, 2010
- Operator charges toll at two Gurgoan plazas - Sep 05, 2012
- One killed in road accident - Dec 09, 2011
- Six of family killed in accident - Oct 13, 2011
- Five killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident - Apr 30, 2010
- One killed as school bus collides with mini-truck - Feb 05, 2012
- 8 killed, 18 injured in two Rajasthan accidents - May 11, 2012
- NTPC engineer murdered in Gurgaon - Jul 28, 2012
- Six killed in Delhi road accidents (Roundup) - Feb 21, 2012
- 27 killed, 29 injured in Maharashtra accident (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- Jam free traffic promised on Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway - Sep 19, 2012
Tags: building material, dilip kumar, gurgaon district, haryana, iron rods, jaipur, marble, mini truck, negligence, police official, police station, rajasthan, rajiv, road accident, shamshad, station chief, traffic diversion, traffic jam, uttar pradesh, yadav