10 killed in China accidentsMay 7th, 2011 - 4:32 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, May 7 (IANS) At least six people were killed and 40 injured when a bus overturned in a highway in northwest China, while four people died in a highway tunnel in the island province of Hainan when their van rammed into a truck, officials said.
On board the bus were teachers and their families from a middle school in Fengxiang county, who were en route to the International Horticultural Expo being held in Xi’an, the provincial capital of Shaanxi, Xinhua reported.
The accident occurred on the highway when the bus driver swerved in an attempt to avoid hitting repair work going on in the middle of the road, police said.
Meanwhile, four people were killed when the van in which they were travelling collided with a truck in a highway tunnel in Hainan’s Sanya city, said officials with the Yalong Bay firefighting department.
- 13 dead in China road accident - Apr 22, 2012
- Passenger buses collide in Taiwan tunnel, killing 2 - May 08, 2012
- Six killed in Nepal road accident - Aug 20, 2012
- Five killed in China road accident - Aug 29, 2012
- Six killed, 45 wounded in bangladesh in road accidents - Jul 19, 2011
- Bus accident in northern Pakistan kills 6, injures 23 - Jan 17, 2012
- Seven killed in Pakistan accident - May 29, 2011
- 10 killed in Orissa road accident - Nov 03, 2011
- Bus accident kills five in Jharkhand - Jan 16, 2012
- 14 die in New York tour bus accident - Mar 13, 2011
- 46 die in road accidents across 3 states (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- 21 dead in China road accidents - Jan 12, 2011
- Three killed as bus ploughs into shelter - Nov 01, 2010
- Robbery attempt at imperial cemetery - Oct 25, 2011
- 30 kids injured in Germany bus accident - Aug 23, 2012
Tags: accidents, beijing, board the bus, bus driver, capital of shaanxi, expo, firefighting, hainan, highway tunnel, island province, northwest china, provincial capital, sanya city, xinhua, yalong bay