10 killed in Afghan roadside bombingDecember 29th, 2011 - 5:36 pm ICT by IANS
Kabul, Dec 29 (IANS) At least 10 Afghan policemen were killed Thursday in a roadside bombing in the country’s Helmand province, said a government official.
“The local policemen were travelling in a vehicle towards a police training centre in Nad Ali district. Their car ran over a roadside bomb triggering a powerful blast that killed 10 policemen on the spot and injured another,” Xinhua quoted local government spokesman Daud Ahmadi as saying.
He blamed the Taliban insurgents for the attack.
The Taliban were yet to make any comment.
- Two kids killed in Afghan bombing - Apr 12, 2012
- 19 killed in Afghanistan roadside blast - Dec 07, 2011
- 10 policemen killed in Afghan bombing - Apr 28, 2012
- Seven die in Afghanistan blast - Feb 28, 2012
- Afghan militants kill four on spying charges - Feb 21, 2012
- Governor among four killed in Afghan blast - Aug 12, 2012
- Two policemen among 12 killed in Afghan clash - Jan 19, 2012
- 20 Taliban killed in Afghanistan - Apr 24, 2012
- 10 policemen die in Afghan car bombing - Jul 31, 2011
- 18 Afghan civilians killed in blast (Lead) - Jul 29, 2011
- 22 Taliban, five cops killed in Afghan attack - Jul 08, 2012
- 32 militants killed in Afghanistan - Feb 04, 2010
- Five Afghan army soldiers killed - Oct 19, 2011
- 32 militants killed in Afghanistan (Lead, superseding earlier story) - Feb 04, 2010
- Suicide bombing rocks Afghanistan city - Sep 27, 2011