10 killed as bus falls in stepwell in MaharashtraJune 30th, 2011 - 9:53 pm ICT by IANS
Aurangabad (Maharashtra), June 30 (IANS) At least 10 people were killed and 40 injured when a bus fell into a stepwell in Maharashtra’s Aurangabad district Thursday, police said.
“Around 50 people were travelling in the state transport bus on Aurangabad-Ajintha road. The driver lost control of the bus while trying to save a bullock and fell into a stepwell,” Police Inspector Ashok Mudiraj told IANS.
“We have pulled out 10 bodies and around 35 injured people from the well. We fear there are still some people trapped inside,” he added.
The accident took place near Bandhkinora village, around 60 kms from the district headquarters town of Aurangabad.
- Four killed as ambulance crashes into bus (Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- Two killed in Maharashtra road accident - Aug 13, 2011
- Five more bodies fished out, Bankura accident toll now 7 - Sep 07, 2012
- 25 hurt as school bus overturns - Sep 29, 2011
- 51 killed, 46 injured as bus falls into Himachal gorge (Fourth Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- 10 students injured as school bus overturns - Aug 24, 2011
- 51 killed, 46 injured as bus falls into Himachal gorge (Third Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- Bus tumbles off flyover in Mumbai, six injured - Mar 11, 2010
- Maharashtra cop battles four dacoits, kills two - Jun 23, 2012
- Six killed in Meghalaya bus accident - Jul 31, 2011
- Four killed, six injured in Maharashtra accident - Jan 27, 2012
- Twenty injured in Kashmir road accident - Feb 27, 2012
- Eight people killed in Jharkhand road accident - Jul 06, 2012
- 40 die as bus falls into Himachal gorge (Second Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- Teacher dies, 40 students injured as bus overturns - May 05, 2011