10 killed, 42 wounded in Kashmir bus accidentJuly 30th, 2011 - 9:45 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, July 30 (IANS) At least 10 passengers were killed and 42 were injured when a bus fell into a stream in Jammu and Kashmir Saturday, police said.
The bus was going to Pahalgam town in south Kashmir from the adjoining Khirrum village when its driver lost control and the bus rolled into the fast moving Lidder stream, Deputy Inspector General of Police Shafqat Ahmad Watali told IANS.
“A massive relief and rescue operation was launched by the police and other wings of the local administration, which has ended now,” said Watali, who supervised the operations.
The toll, initially at eight, rose after two injured succumbed to their wounds.
Doctors at the Anantnag district hospital referred 13 critically injured passengers for treatment to the Sher-i-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences in Srinagar.
All the dead and injured passengers are locals.
- 10 killed as bus falls into stream in Indian-administered Kashmir - Jul 31, 2011
- Blast at Kashmir scrap dealer's home, one killed - Jun 07, 2011
- Kashmir avalanche buries three - Feb 09, 2011
- Two critically injured in continuing Kashmir violence - Sep 12, 2010
- Injured tourist succumbs, death toll is four - Aug 01, 2012
- Six killed in Kashmir bus accident - Jun 10, 2009
- Three militants killed in Kashmir gunfight - Oct 14, 2010
- Thousands reach Kashmir base camps for Amarnath Yatra (Second Lead) - Jun 28, 2011
- Two killed, 37 injured in Kashmir road accident - May 16, 2012
- One more dies in Kashmir, unrest toll 63 - Aug 23, 2010
- Two tourists killed in gas cylinder blast, not grenade: Police (Second Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Kashmir Police registers case against unknown miscreants in Srinagar - Apr 30, 2010
- Jammu and Kashmir Police arrests timber smuggler on stone-pelting charges - Nov 01, 2010
- Three youth killed in Anantnag firing - Jun 29, 2010
- 54 days of violence in Kashmir and counting - Aug 04, 2010