10 kg RDX recovered in KashmirMay 10th, 2008 - 2:32 pm ICT by admin
Jammu, May 10 (IANS) The Indian Army Saturday seized a huge quantity of arms and ammunition, including 10 kg of RDX explosives, in Jammu and Kashmir. The seizure came as the Border Security Force (BSF) continued to scan the area along the India-Pakistan border in Samba sector where they foiled an attempt by militants to sneak into Jammu and Kashmir Thursday night.
While combing the jungles in Purmandal, a town west of Jammu, soldiers recovered 10 kg of RDX, three grenades and other ammunition, according to army sources.
Soldiers are searching the area to find out if there are more dumps of arms and ammunition.
The BSF has mounted greater vigil along the 187-km international border after Thursday night’s intrusion bid, foiled after Indian security forces fired at the militants.
The barbed wire fence that stands four metre high and one metre wide has again been checked.
“A close watch is being kept close to fence,” said J.B. Sangwan, the deputy inspector general of BSF who visited the border area again Saturday.
A report detailing the incident and the suspected role of Pakistan Rangers in providing cover fire has been sent to the BSF headquarters in New Delhi.
The Jammu and Kashmir police have set up fresh check points on the border roads.
- Are there more tunnels on India-Pakistan border? - Jul 29, 2012
- Four BSF troopers injured in blast on border (Second Lead) - Dec 26, 2009
- BSF in search of infiltrators after discovering holes in border fence - Jan 23, 2010
- Four BSF troopers injured in blast near Jammu (Lead) - Dec 26, 2009
- Tunnel from Pakistan found near border in Kashmir (Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- BSF recovers 23 kg heroin from Punjab border - Feb 04, 2012
- Pakistani firing seeks to push terrorists into Kashmir - Aug 23, 2012
- Indian, Pakistani forces exchange fire, infiltration foiled (Second Lead) - May 01, 2010
- Tunnel incident against India-Pakistan CBMs - Aug 02, 2012
- Infiltration bid foiled by security forces in Jammu - May 01, 2010
- Two BSF soldiers injured in Pakistani firing - Aug 07, 2012
- BSF trooper injured in cross-border firing near Jammu - Aug 11, 2012
- Can't rule out more border tunnels: Home secretary (Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- BSF foils infiltration bid on J-K border - Jan 26, 2010
- Infiltration bid foiled near Jammu: BSF (Lead) - Aug 16, 2009