10 kg heroin recovered in Amritsar, one arrestedOctober 30th, 2009 - 6:47 pm ICT by IANS
Amritsar, Oct 30 (IANS) The special narcotics cell of the Punjab police Friday arrested one person and recovered 10 kg of heroin from his possession.
Police said the heroin consignment was worth Rs.50 crore (Rs.500 million) in the international market.
The arrested person, Subheg Singh, was intercepted by the police near Novelty chowk here following a tip-off.
Punjab is a major transit and delivery point for drugs consignment coming from the Afghanistan-Pakistan side.
- Two smugglers nabbed, 25 kg heroin seized - Jan 21, 2010
- Three smugglers held with drugs, fake currency in Amritsar - Jul 04, 2012
- Three held with drugs worth Rs.40 crore - Jul 10, 2011
- 12 kg heroin seized in Amritsar, 3 arrested - Aug 29, 2011
- No one cures Punjab's drug problem (Punjab Newsletter) - Feb 10, 2012
- One arrested with 5 kg heroin - Jul 15, 2010
- Smuggler arrested with 14 kg heroin in Punjab - Jan 11, 2011
- Two drug peddlers held with heroin worth over Rs.1 crore - Jan 29, 2011
- Six foreigners held with heroin worth Rs.11 crore - Aug 05, 2011
- 61-year-old peddler arrested with drugs worth Rs.3 crore - Jul 13, 2012
- Punjab drug scene hits a new 'high' - Nov 22, 2010
- Nigerian, Nepali aide held, heroin seized - Feb 19, 2011
- 75 kg of heroin seized in Punjab - Apr 06, 2011
- Canadian citizen arrested with cocaine in Punjab - Sep 03, 2012
- Sharp hike in heroin smuggling across Punjab border - Aug 21, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,