1 dead in sports car crash in Delhi (lead)February 19th, 2012 - 8:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 19 (IANS) The driver of a speeding Lamborghini was killed when his sports car hit a cyclist and crashed into a bus stop railing in south Delhi early Sunday, police said.
According to police, the incident took place around 5.30 a.m. near Panchsheel Enclave.
Anukool Rishi, the car owner, was the son of a real estate businessman and a resident of Sainik Farms. The injured cyclist has been identified as 45-year-old Kishan.
Police gave different ages for Rishi. While the investigating officer of the case put it at 27, the station house officer of the area put it at 28.
The police suspect Rishi was speeding and lost control of the car. He was killed on the spot when the car hit the railings of a bus stop on the Bus Rapid Transit(BRT) corridor.
“The cyclist is from the nearby Khanpur village area. He was rushed to the AIIMS apex trauma center. Doctors say he will survive,” a police officer told IANS.
–Indo-Asia News Service
- Sports car driver killed in crash (Second Lead) - Feb 19, 2012
- 1 dead, in sports car crash in Delhi - Feb 19, 2012
- Cyclist injured in Delhi car crash stable - Feb 20, 2012
- Lamborghini crash: Injured man could be paralysed for life (Lead) - Feb 20, 2012
- Lamborghini crash: Injured cyclist paralysed (Second Lead) - Feb 20, 2012
- February: A month of grave accidents in Delhi - Feb 28, 2012
- Delhi's killer roads: Recalling some major accidents - Feb 20, 2012
- February: A month of grave accidents in Delhi (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Less road accidents at night in Delhi: Police - Apr 18, 2012
- Rash driving again: Two killed in Delhi, one held (Second Lead) - Feb 20, 2012
- Rash driving again: Two killed in Delhi, one held (Lead) - Feb 20, 2012
- Woman, three held for husband's killing - Feb 11, 2012
- Driving at high speed, man killed in Delhi accident - Apr 13, 2012
- MBA student killed while speeding on Delhi road (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- MBA student killed while speeding on Delhi road (Second Lead) - Apr 14, 2012
Tags: apex, asia news, bus rapid transit, bus stop, businessman, car crash, car owner, gsh, house officer, indo asia, police officer, police suspect, railing, railings, rg, sainik farms, south delhi, sports car, station house, trauma center