Yala increases security following reports of insurgent actsJuly 26th, 2008 - 1:33 pm ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
Governor of Yala Theera Minthrasak (ธีระ มินทราศักดิ์) steps up security following reports that insurgent groups will create violence in the province.
Mr Theera says he has asked all relevant units, including the military, the police, and the administrative, to work together and draw the civil sector to take part in safeguarding communities more. The governor says most people in the province have provided good cooperation for the authorities by arranging shifts of security guards to patrol villages and government places around the clock.
The governor has also instructed security units to closely monitor movements by adolescent groups in the province who may work for insurgents. Moreover, he says the province has continuously organized activities to boost people’s confidence and expresses his confidence that the unrest situation will improve if all sides cooperate in resolving problems of their community.
Source : National News Bureau, Public Relations Department of Thailand
- Yala governor seeking to create confidence in use of free train systems - Aug 25, 2008
- Thai PM orders investigation into army shooting of four Muslims - Feb 01, 2012
- Seven killed, 70 hurt in Thai bombings - Mar 31, 2012
- Bomb kills 8 people in southern Thailand - Jan 25, 2011
- Two killed as attacks continue in southern Thailand - Jun 23, 2011
- One dead, 12 injured in bomb blast in southern Thailand - Feb 21, 2011
- Three militants killed in southern Thailand - Jun 03, 2011
- 10 wounded in bomb blast in southern Thailand - Apr 02, 2011
- Five soldiers killed in al-Qaeda ambush in western Yemen - May 13, 2011
- Car bomb injures 17 in southern Thailand - Feb 13, 2011
- Bomb attack in Thailand kills 3 soldiers - Jul 03, 2010
- Emergency decree renewed in Thailand's southern region - Oct 19, 2010
- Car bomb kills 1, injures 23 in south Thailand - Apr 18, 2011
- Afghan forces kill three Taliban - Oct 02, 2011
- Blasts in southern Thailand injure at least 15 - Oct 25, 2010