Tips for healthy meatless foodsSeptember 29th, 2008 - 10:02 am ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
Consumers should choose to eat vegetarian foods with enough five nutrients, adding they shold refrain from eating very spicy and fattening foods, according to a Mahidol University’s researcher.
Associate professor Dr. Prapaisri Sirichakawan, Mahidol University’s Research Institute of Nutriotion, said on Sunday that based on his study, consumers eating vegetarian foods for relatively long term result in their more healthy than those who eat the meatless food for short term or by season.
Dr. Prasri suggested that the vegetarian’s ingredients may consist of almost all types of vegetable, but consumers should stay away from strong smelling and spicy vegetables, including garlic, onion, luk kiew which is similar to garlic, Chinese chive, tobacco and vegetables contaminated with poisonous chemical products.
Dr. Prasi added that consumers should consume beans while on a vegetarian diet because the beans contain the same type of protein as that from meats. Consumers should choose to eat vegetarian foods with enough five nutrients essentail for their healths, including protein, carbohydate, fat, vitamins, and minerals.
In addition, consumers should always wash all vegetables before cooking the foods.
Source : National News Bureau, Public Relations Department of Thailand
- Dos and Don'ts during monsoon (To go with - With Monsoon health guide: Rainproof your lifestyle with right diet) - Jul 16, 2012
- Building your body? Take protein supplements - Dec 14, 2011
- Chives being recalled because of possible listeria contamination - May 14, 2011
- Monsoon health guide: Rainproof your lifestyle with right diet - Jul 16, 2012
- Chomping on cheese and chilli delights in Bhutan - Apr 29, 2011
- Make Tihar Jail meat-free zone: PETA India - Nov 22, 2011
- In winter, eat right to good skin - Nov 30, 2010
- Proteins protect bones during weight loss dieting - Dec 01, 2011
- Mumbai, a city that never stops eating! - May 21, 2012
- Dr Oz: 7 Days to Boost Weight Loss & Cut Carb Cravings - Oct 11, 2011
- TV food ads 'endorse imbalanced diets' - Jun 01, 2010
- Cheryl Cole's Blood Group Diet Slammed by Health Experts - Dec 16, 2010
- Dr Oz Features Alternative Medicines - Sep 22, 2011
- Health food for heart patients, diabetics - Oct 16, 2011
- Eat quality food to lose weight - Jun 23, 2011