Thailand-Myanmar to construct regional transport linkage to IndiaJuly 31st, 2008 - 9:17 am ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
50 engineers from Thailand and Myanmar held a meeting to discuss the construction of regional transport linkages, including the Thailand-Myanmar-India Highway and the route from Myawaddy in Myanmar.
The meeting was held at Centara Maesot Hill Hotel in Mae Sot district of Tak province. The 1,400-kilometer economic linkage will start from Mae Sot through Myawaddy and end at the border of India.
The construction of regional highway aims to promote trade and tourism industries while strengthening international relations between three economic counterparts. About 80 kilometers of highway has already been constructed.
Source : National News Bureau, Public Relations Department of Thailand
- India-Myanmar-Thailand agree to boost trade, commerce at Moreh conference - Apr 03, 2011
- India, Myanmar to be better connected, have more trade (Fourth Lead) - May 28, 2012
- India, Thailand review FTA talks, push trilateral highway - Aug 10, 2012
- India to host ministers of Mekong-Ganga countries - Dec 05, 2011
- Thousands flee Myanmar after clashes at Thai border - Nov 08, 2010
- Krishna visiting Myanmar to engage civilian government - Jun 19, 2011
- Doing trade, driving down to Myanmar just got easier - May 30, 2012
- EU: we cannot lose sight of Thai refugee camps - Mar 11, 2011
- ASEAN-India officials meet in Cambodia - May 27, 2012
- India to begin ASEAN engagement with Delhi Dialogue - Feb 12, 2012
- Krishna leaves for Myanmar, to sign several agreements (Lead) - Jun 20, 2011
- Myanmar seeks collaboration with Indian business houses - Dec 20, 2011
- Why Myanmar president's visit to India matters - Oct 11, 2011
- Use northeast as springboard to Myanmar: Nagaland CM - Jan 30, 2012
- India seeks Mauritius investment in key sectors - Feb 07, 2012