Thailand has evidences to explain clashes at Preah VihearOctober 27th, 2008 - 4:46 pm ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
Spokesman of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Tharit Charungvat says Thailand has evidences to clarify clashes with Cambodia at Preah Vihear in any forums.
The spokesman said that detonated landmines which severely injured two Thai military officers stationed in the controversial overlapping area are new. Thailand is now assessing Cambodia’s stance on the border dispute following Cambodia’s possibility to request the United Nations Security Council to intervene in the matter, Mr Tharit said.
However, the spokesman stated that Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen expressed his opinion during the Asia-Europe Meeting in Beijing that he wants both countries to exercise patience to the utmost to prevent another clash in line with bilateral talks. He also said he hopes that Thailand and Cambodia will closely cooperate in tackling the border dispute.
Source : National News Bureau, Public Relations Department of Thailand
- Thai PM says Cambodian troops must leave border to solve dispute - May 08, 2011
- Thailand, Cambodia to hold border talks - Aug 12, 2011
- At least 1,500 Cambodian troops leave disputed border with Thailand - Sep 01, 2011
- Cambodia and Thailand agree to remove troops from disputed border - Sep 16, 2011
- Cambodia favours ceasefire with Thailand under ASEAN aegis - Feb 17, 2011
- Thai-Cambodian border clashes resume after 'ceasefire' - Feb 07, 2011
- Cambodia and Thailand continue border clashes for the fourth day - Apr 26, 2011
- UN chief calls for ending Cambodia, Thailand hostilities - Feb 07, 2011
- Six dead in Thai-Cambodian border clashes - Feb 05, 2011
- Thai-Cambodia clashes continue into fifth day - Apr 26, 2011
- UN chief calls on Cambodia, Thailand for ceasefire - Apr 25, 2011
- Clashes along Thai-Cambodian border resume - Feb 17, 2011
- Thailand and Cambodia agree to ceasefire - Apr 28, 2011
- Cambodia lambasts Google for locating temple on Thai soil - Feb 05, 2010
- Thai protesters urge government to solve border dispute with Cambodia - Jan 30, 2011