Thai rubber industry draws interest from Chinese investorsAugust 25th, 2008 - 10:28 am ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
Following his trip to a visit in a Para rubber plantation in Hainan, China, the Chairman of the Para Rubber Council of Thailand, Mr. Uthai Sonlaksup (อุทัย สอนหลักทรัพย์), has met with representatives from Chinese Government and local Para rubber entrepreneurs. Mr Uthai said that Chinese investors have shown interests in processed Para rubber industry in Thailand. They called for the Thai government to seek an ideal site for the processed Para rubber factory and the investors would return to observe the site in September 2008.
According Mr. Uthai, Chinese business people reasoned that liquid Para rubber from its trees in Hainan was not adequate for production process in the factories in China. In this connection, Mr. Uthai said both liquid Para rubber and pieces of dried Para rubber have become a high demand in the Chinese market. He said the matter will be proposed to the Government for further consideration.
Mr. Uthai further stated that Chinese investors expressed their confidence that Thailand would be able to supply Para rubbers to their factories.
Source : National News Bureau, Public Relations Department of Thailand
- Udorn Thani group leaders submit to charges - Jul 28, 2008
- Northen Electricity Authority says 980 thousand citizens to have free electricity - Jul 23, 2008
- Deal signed for first Chinese investment in Kerala - Jun 14, 2012
- Thai envoy pitches for city-city trade investment - Jul 15, 2011
- Cultural relics found in South China Sea - Jul 29, 2012
- Daimler India's Bharat Benz trucks to roll on JK Tyres - Feb 06, 2012
- Tropical fruit a new front in China's African aid - Sep 01, 2012
- Trinidad's Indian-origin ex-PM freed of corruption charges - Jun 28, 2012
- Etihad starts codeshare flights with Chinese carrier - Mar 02, 2012
- Kerala planters happy with soaring rubber prices - Jul 10, 2010
- China seeks equal treatment in Australia - Mar 29, 2012
- Tripura rubber wood industry provides business opportunities and jobs to people - Sep 29, 2009
- Rubber cultivation gains in popularity over traditional farming in Assam - Jun 18, 2010
- China braces for tropical storm Nock-Ten - Jul 29, 2011
- Chinese man to sue for son's paralysis - Apr 05, 2012