Thai Airways orders six Boeing 777s in deal valued at $1.7 billionAugust 19th, 2011 - 5:12 pm ICT by BNO News
SEATTLE (BNO NEWS) — Thai Airways International (THAI) has finalized a firm order for six Boeing 777-300 Extended Range (ER) airplanes, the aircraft manufacturer confirmed.
Boeing said the order completes an agreement with THAI to purchase Boeing 777-300ERs announced during the Paris Air Show in June. The deal is valued at approximately $1.7 billion at Boeing list prices.
“These additional Boeing 777-300ERs will support our commitment to expanding market presence while delivering profitable growth,” said THAI president Piyasvasti Amranand. “The 777-300ER sets the standard for twin-aisle reliability because Boeing continuously incorporates new technology and innovations into the airplane to improve operating cost and airplane performance. And, with a wider and more spacious cabin, the Boeing 777-300ER is preferred by passengers in every class.”
THAI currently operates nearly every Boeing 777 model produced, including the 777-200, 777-200ER, 777-300 and 777-300ER. It has nearly 90 aircraft, most of which are Boeing airplanes.
THAI and Boeing are also expected to finish an order for the lease of eight 787 Dreamliners, which was previously authorized by the airline’s board of directors. Also, in November 2010, BOC Aviation ordered eight Boeing 777-300ERs to lease them to Thai Airways International.
Thai Airways International is the national flag carrier and largest airline of Thailand. It carried a total of 18.1 million passengers last year.
- BOC Aviation orders eight Boeing 777-300ERs to lease them to Thai Airways International - Nov 03, 2010
- Boeing, Emirates announce $18-bn order for 50 777-300ERs - Nov 13, 2011
- Air Austral, Okay Airways and Qatar Airways order new Boeing aircraft - Jul 21, 2010
- Air India to lease out fuel guzzling 777s - Jun 12, 2012
- Chinese airline to buy 10 Boeing 777s - Feb 29, 2012
- UAE airline places $2.8 bn order for Boeing planes - Dec 13, 2011
- TAAG Angola Airlines orders three aircraft from Boeing - Apr 03, 2012
- Boeing's first 787 Dreamliner set to fly - Aug 08, 2011
- Angola Airline orders two 777-300ER jetliners from Boeing - Apr 30, 2010
- 100th aircraft to join Jet Airways fleet - Nov 17, 2011
- Air India to get demo-trial on Boeing 787 next week - Jul 06, 2011
- Air India board decides on loan restructuring, cost-cutting measures - Nov 29, 2011
- Etihad buying 12 Boeings for about $3 bn - Dec 13, 2011
- Air India to deploy more wide-bodied planes on global routes - Oct 10, 2009
- Boeing to deliver 100 aircraft to India in five years - Mar 14, 2012
Tags: aircraft manufacturer, airplane performance, aisle, bno, boc, boeing, boeing 777, boeing 777s, boeing airplanes, dreamliners, expanding market, innovations, market presence, national flag carrier, new technology, paris air show, profitable growth, s board, spacious cabin, thai airways international