Saving Endangered Marine Animals in Andaman SeaAugust 1st, 2008 - 10:45 am ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
The Association of Diving in Krabi Province proposed a plan to preserve the natural resources of the Andaman Sea in a sustainable manner to the Krabi Governor. The association also developed a project to encourage youths and teenagers to help protect marine resources and endangered animals.
More than 160 students and academics from Ban Klong Hang School traveled to the Andaman Marine Research and Development Center under the Natural Preservation of the Andaman Sea project. The visit would allow them to understand the importance of the marine resources and animals while enabling them to use the resources more intelligently and sustainably. Recently, the Association of Diving in Krabi Province submitted a proposal to the Governor of Krabi, in an attempt to save the endangered animals in the Andaman Sea.
The project is being supported by the private diving businesses in Krabi, as they would like local youths and teenagers to help protect and maintain the beautiful scenery of the Andaman Sea.
At the moment, the center is raising 25 species of endangered marine animals as well as five other species for human consumption.
Source : National News Bureau, Public Relations Department of Thailand
- Tibetan antelope population rises in China reserve - Aug 10, 2012
- Turtle helps save its namesake species - Jun 06, 2012
- 2010 saw massive coral bleaching in Andamans - Jan 16, 2011
- Yangtze cowfish on verge of extinction - Mar 12, 2012
- China mulls shark fin ban at official banquets - Jul 03, 2012
- 75 percent of world's coral reefs under threat: report - Feb 24, 2011
- Chinese families adopt alligators - Apr 12, 2012
- Dolphins, marine mammals hunted for human consumption - Jan 25, 2012
- Assam governor launches green project - Jun 05, 2012
- Study On Deep Sea Turtles Show Interesting Results - Jan 20, 2011
- Fossil haul shows life's recovery after near-extinction - Dec 23, 2010
- Endangered Chinese alligators' population rising - Apr 19, 2012
- Critically endangered leopard filmed in northeast China - Apr 18, 2011
- 'Sustainable development need of hour' - Mar 05, 2010
- Highways through Indian tiger reserves will destroy habitat - Apr 16, 2012