Police across the country cracking down on crime prior to electionDecember 20th, 2007 - 9:57 am ICT by admin
Administrations in all provinces throughout the nation have called assemblies of local officials and policemen to instruct them of stringent measures to deal with crime in preparation for the general election.
Police all over the country have been ordered to crack down on crime and suspects, especially in cases to do with politics and the election to safeguard from incidents that may occur during voting this coming Sunday. Police will be on the look out for weapons caches and also be making identification card checks to secure areas from ill-wishers.
Ayuthaya province has kicked off its clean up by cross referencing all seized weapons and suspects with pass crimes, crime rings and suspicious events.
Source : National News Bureau Public Relations Department
- Arms seized from US officials' cars in Pakistan - Jun 05, 2012
- Terror bid foiled in Pakistan capital - Dec 28, 2011
- 1,900 held in China fake drug racket - Aug 05, 2012
- Over 5,000 dacoits held in Karachi in 2012 - Jul 22, 2012
- China cracks down on bogus cigarette dens, 78 held - Nov 14, 2011
- Three Taliban killed, 29 held in Afghanistan - Dec 01, 2011
- China to crack down on illegal gun possession - Feb 10, 2012
- 14 Chinese kids rescued from human traffickers - Mar 11, 2012
- Man held with explosives, may have Maoist links - Sep 20, 2011
- Two Pakistani agents arrested in Delhi: Police - Dec 12, 2011
- Nearly 50 mafia men held in Italy - Jun 07, 2012
- Beijing cracks down on drugs, prostitution - May 25, 2010
- Arms, ammunition seized from Shillong school - Oct 31, 2010
- Cops squabble over jurisdiction in Shahzad probe - Jun 02, 2011
- Police gun down five 'robbers' in Chennai (Third Lead) - Feb 23, 2012