PCD needs THB 4 billion to continue Wastewater Management ProjectAugust 20th, 2008 - 1:36 pm ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
The Pollution Control Department (PCD) is about to submit its budget proposal to the Cabinet requiring around 3-4 billion baht in order to continue the Samut Prakarn Wastewater Management Project after the Supreme Court Criminal Division for Political Position Holders has sentenced former Deputy Interior Minister and Chairman of the Puea Pandin party, Wattana Assavahame (วัฒนา อัศวเหม), to ten years in prison.
The PCD Director General, Dr. Supat Wangwongwattana (สุพัฒน์ หวังวงศ์วัฒนา), said the project was 98 percent complete and not left unattended. After consulting with an attorney, Dr. Supat said that whether or not the PCD lost the case, the project is still state property. In this connection, the PCD is advised to set up a committee to deliberate the possibility to revive the project. He said leaving the project unattended will cost one billion baht a year.
According to a survey, local residents would like to turn the project into a marine nursery center while the PCD wishes for the project to be a sewage draining facility to service Bangkok and Samut Prakarn.
Source : National News Bureau, Public Relations Department of Thailand
- Woman 'commits suicide' by jumping into crocodile pit - Sep 06, 2012
- BKK governor candidate calls for election postponement - Sep 17, 2008
- Thai police bust bra-pinching gang - Feb 09, 2010
- Puea Pandin may withdraw from coalition or seek new leader - Jul 30, 2008
- Thailand tense following grenade attacks on main bank - Feb 28, 2010
- Thailand approves $648.5 million post-flood budget - Dec 08, 2011
- Thailand government warns protesters of strong action (Second Lead) - Apr 03, 2010
- Thai Cabinet revokes emergency decree, approves bail for 104 opposition Red supporters - Dec 21, 2010
- Mr. Jakrapob’s lese majeste case in progress - Sep 15, 2008
- Northeastern people staging rally on Preah Vihear issue - Jul 05, 2008
- Thai parliament passes budget bill in wake of turmoil - May 28, 2010
- Thai former minister sentenced to 10 years in prison - Aug 18, 2008
- Parents pass on fewer bad genes to kids - Mar 11, 2010
- Excise Department seizes 2,000 bottles of smuggled liquor - Jul 19, 2008
- Environmental committee tackles coastal erosion in Samut Prakan province - Aug 09, 2008