New Thai envoy vows to further enhance relations with the PhilippinesApril 29th, 2011 - 4:25 pm ICT by BNO News
MANILA (BNO NEWS) — The newly-designated Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Prasas Prasasvinitchai of Thailand has assured Philippines President Benigno S. Aquino III that he will do his best to further enhance relations between the two countries.
Ambassador Prasasvinitchai echoed his assurance on Friday during a tour of duty in the Philippines, when he handed over to President Aquino his letters of credentials at the Malacanang Music Room.
“On behalf of the Filipino people, we welcome you here in the Philippines,” Aquino told Prasasvinitchai, who thanked the President for the welcome as he introduced the members of his delegation.
After the ceremony, the President, together with Assistant Secretary Virginia H. Benavidez of the Department of Foreign Affairs, then ushered Ambassador Prasasvinitchai and his party to the adjoining Music Conference Room for a closed-door meeting.
- ADB urges Asian countries to undertake more reforms - May 04, 2012
- Benigno Aquino III sworn in as Philippines' president - Jun 30, 2010
- Philippines implementing reforms to improve air safety rating - Sep 14, 2012
- Aquino poised to win Philippine presidential polls - May 11, 2010
- UAE's participation in Abu Dhabi Dialogue 2 significant: Envoy - Apr 24, 2012
- Noynoy Aquino Leads Philippines Election - May 11, 2010
- 90 die in Philippines floods - Aug 13, 2012
- Philippine Congress begins vote tally - May 27, 2010
- Philippine police admit shortcomings in bloody hostage-taking - Aug 24, 2010
- President Barack Obama Has Quit Smoking, Says Philippine President-Elect - Jun 13, 2010
- Obama congratulates new Philippine president - Jun 10, 2010
- 170 dead in typhoon in Philippines (Lead) - Dec 17, 2011
- Chinese daily takes umbrage to Manila renaming sea - Sep 14, 2012
- World leaders on Twitter - Jan 24, 2012
- At least 11 killed as Super Typhoon Megi hits the Philippines - Oct 19, 2010
Tags: ambassador, assistant secretary, benavidez, bno, credentials, delegation, department of foreign affairs, music conference, music room, philippines manila, philippines president, plenipotentiary, Thailand, tour of duty