FTI: political crisis won’t end if Mr. Samak remains PMSeptember 10th, 2008 - 10:45 am ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
The Federation of Thai Industries (FTI) Chairman, Mr. Santi Vilassakdanont (สันติ วิลาสสักดานนท์), points out that the political crisis will not end if the House Reprehensive selects Mr. Samak Sundaravej the prime minister again.
Mr. Santi says political situations can worsen and more damages will occur to national economy if Mr. Samak remains in office. He personally views that if the new cabinet is formed, impacts on national policies may be minimized.
In terms of solving political problems, private sector views that new cabinet should grant an opportunity to them, who have been hit by the repercussions resulted from political turmoil, to negotiate and help seek solutions to iron out political deadlock.
Mr. Santi says private sector wishes to see new Government to be acceptable from all sides. He suggests new prime minister must be acceptable from both the Government and Opposition in an attempt to stamp out obstacles to run the country.
Source : National News Bureau, Public Relations Department of Thailand
- Federation of Thai Industries President supports MD Surapong or Mr. Somchai as new PM - Sep 13, 2008
- Transport Ministry pushes for City Pass system - Jul 19, 2008
- All trains nationwide expected to resume service next week - Sep 12, 2008
- Secret meeting between government coalition party leaders - Sep 13, 2008
- Interim Deputy PM resigns - Sep 16, 2008
- PAD accepts public referendum proposal, remains adamant that Cabinet resigns - Sep 04, 2008
- Cabinet approves preparations for public referendum - Sep 04, 2008
- Parliament meeting to select new PM kicks off - Sep 17, 2008
- Democrat leader urges PM to quickly reshuffle Cabinet - Jul 30, 2008
- GPF adjusts strategies to tackle repercussions from global financial crisis - Sep 22, 2008
- Interior Minister still in good terms with PM - Aug 01, 2008
- Cabinet okays banking laws amendment bill - Apr 26, 2012
- Abdullah to present biomass energy plan to cabinet soon - Nov 29, 2011
- DPM Surapong says Deputy Finance Minister submitted resignation letter to PM - Jul 30, 2008
- PPP holds meeting to make choice for new PM runner - Sep 11, 2008