Flooding on Buriram-Nakorn Ratchasima road subsidesSeptember 26th, 2008 - 2:58 pm ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
Flooding along the Buriram-Nakorn Ratchasima connection road has begun to subside, with vehicles returning to use, after flood water cut off travel for 5 consecutive days.
Reports yesterday evening indicated that flooding along a main road connecting Buriram province and Nakorn Ratchasima province has begun to alleviate, especially at a crucial bridge crossing in Lum Plai Mat (ลำปลายมาศ) district. The bridge was previously submerged in over a meter of water, completely disallowing any vehicles to pass. The entire roadway had been closed off for 5 consecutive days until yesterday when some amount of traffic was able to return.
Highway authorities however, have posted signs warning commuters to beware of the bridge which may have receive damage from the flood waters. Authorities have been dispatched to inspect the stability of the bridge. Travelers are urged to proceed with caution nonetheless.
Source : National News Bureau, Public Relations Department of Thailand
- Assam floods: Death toll reaches 100, 16 missing - Jul 05, 2012
- Heavy flooding cripples travel between Khon Kaen and Bangkok - Sep 18, 2008
- River dikes breached in China, thousands affected - Jun 25, 2010
- Interior Minister travels to assess flood damage in Central and Northeastern region - Sep 18, 2008
- Mass exodus in Pak as floodwaters threaten new areas - Aug 30, 2010
- 50 dead in China rains (Second Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- At least 475 houses submerged by flooding in Bali - Feb 24, 2011
- More flood warnings for Pakistan, Jacobabab threatened - Aug 16, 2010
- China builds world's longest sea-link bridge - May 11, 2011
- Incessant rains hit life in parts of Rajasthan - Aug 14, 2012
- More evacuations in flooded Pakistan - Aug 21, 2010
- Rains lash Delhi, commuters face difficulties again (Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
- Delhi flood threat persists as Yamuna water levels rise - Sep 11, 2010
- Rainwater continues to cause havoc in parts of country - Jul 27, 2010
- Teachers rent out Pakistani school during vacation - Jul 30, 2012