Flood warnings in seven provincesSeptember 8th, 2008 - 5:03 pm ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
The Meteorological Department of Thailand reported at 4 AM today (September 8th) that a trough of low pressure lies across central, eastern and lower northeastern Thailand, and a moderate southwest monsoon prevails over the Andaman Sea, southern Thailand and the Gulf of Thailand.
Abundant rains with isolated heavy rains are likely over the country. People in the risky areas, such as Chiang Rai, Phetchabun, Khon Kaen, Chaiyaphum, Phangnga, Phuket and Krabi provinces, should beware of flooding conditions during this period.
Bangkok metropolis and vicinity can expect scattered thundershowers with isolated heavy rains. The daily temperature would range from 25 to 34 degrees Celsius. The speed of southwesterly winds would be around 15 to 30 kilometers per hour.
Source : National News Bureau, Public Relations Department of Thailand
- Many provinces including Bangkok seeing heavy rain, flooding - Sep 11, 2008
- Abundant rainfall and heavy rains are expected in many provinces. - Sep 15, 2008
- Heavy rain can be expected over upper Thailand. - Aug 06, 2008
- Thundershowers and isolated heavy rain across Thailand - Aug 09, 2008
- Heavy rains and floodings in many provinces - Sep 17, 2008
- Death toll rises to 41 in Thailand's flood-stricken areas - Oct 25, 2010
- Warning Mekkhla tropical storm on 26 provinces - Sep 30, 2008
- Chiang Rai, Nan, Phrae and Phetchabun are warned of flooding conditions - Jul 19, 2008
- Thai Meteorological Department daily forecast - Aug 05, 2008
- Isolated heavy rain in South and East - Sep 03, 2008
- Nong Khai, Sakon Nakhon and Nakhon Phanom are warned of flooding conditions - Jul 10, 2008
- Heavy rain in upper Thailand - Sep 27, 2008
- Death toll in Thai floods and mudslides reaches 61 - Apr 09, 2011
- Huge earthquakes strike off Indonesia, generate small tsunamis (Update 3) - Apr 11, 2012
- Scattered thundershowers nationwide - Aug 30, 2008