Court dismisses PAD’s emergency testification of online lottery caseSeptember 12th, 2008 - 11:22 am ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
The Central Administrative Court has dismissed an emergency testification of 2-3 digit online lottery case, required by People’ Alliance for Democracy (PAD). The court revealed that facts and evidences to the case would be gathered by the court officials.
The court would also later on consider whether or not the temporally protection warrant would be issued for the case. The 2-3 digit online lottery case was involved by three defendants, including Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister Surapong Suebwonglee, Labour Minister Uraiwan Thienthong, and the Deputy Minister of Transport, Mr. Anurak Jureemas (อนุรักษ์ จุรีมาศ).
At the same time, Human Rights Attorney of the Lawyers Council of Thailand Nitithorn Lumlua (นิติธร ล้ำเหลือ) said the court’s recent decision has not yet arrived to PAD so that he did not know the reason why the court has rejected the case.
Despite the case was dismissed, Mr. Nitithorn said the protection warrant was still in the deliberation of the court. He said the court would need more information to support the case without testification. In this connection, he said court would summon plaintiffs to explain to the court within seven days.
Source : National News Bureau, Public Relations Department of Thailand
- Administrative Court to reveal if 3 ministers in lottery case must cease duty - Aug 19, 2008
- Chart Thai says no meeting amongst coalition parties to discuss Cabinet reshuffle - Jul 15, 2008
- Chavalit bails himself out from the lottery case - Sep 17, 2008
- Supreme Administrative Court forwards injunction request for Emergency Decree to Constitution Tribunal - Sep 04, 2008
- Supreme Administrative Court schedules hearing to consider issuing injunction against Emergency Decree - Sep 03, 2008
- Supreme Court holds first hearing of online lottery case - Sep 26, 2008
- Criminal lawsuit filed against former Thai prime minister - Mar 10, 2008
- Court orders fraud case against Kerala lottery dealer - Nov 06, 2010
- Congress stops Singhvi from addressing media - Oct 06, 2010
- Kerala Lottery Case: Singhvi withdraws - Sep 30, 2010
- PAD to file appeal against warrants and injunction - Aug 28, 2008
- Jackpot worth $2.5 mn goes unclaimed in China - Aug 01, 2011
- CBI files case against lottery dealers in Kerala - Aug 06, 2011
- Online lottery legalised by Mamata government: CPI-M - Sep 12, 2011
- Kerala Police to arrest 'lottery king' soon - Nov 22, 2010