Chiang Rai, Nan, Phrae and Phetchabun are warned of flooding conditionsJuly 19th, 2008 - 10:48 am ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
The Meteorological Department reported at 4 AM today (July 19th) that a rather strong southwest monsoon is prevailing over the Andaman Sea, Thailand and the upper Gulf of Thailand, while a low pressure cell covers the upper part of Laos. Abundant rainfall and isolated heavy rains is expected over Thailand.
Northern Thailand continues to encounter heavy rain. People in Chiang Rai, Nan, Phrae and Phetchabun provinces should be aware of flooding conditions.
The Andaman Sea is seeing high waves and strong winds. All ships should proceed with caution during this period.
Tropical Storm Kalmaegi, centered at Fujian, China, is downgrading. People are advised to check the weather forecast before traveling to China.
Bangkok metropolis and vicinity can expect Scattered thundershowers. The daily temperature would range from 26 to 35 degrees Celsius. The speed of southwesterly winds would be around 15 to 30 kilometers per hour.
Source : National News Bureau, Public Relations Department of Thailand
- Abundant rainfall and heavy rains are expected in many provinces. - Sep 15, 2008
- Heavy rain can be expected over upper Thailand. - Aug 06, 2008
- Thai Meteorological Department daily forecast - Aug 05, 2008
- Flood warnings in seven provinces - Sep 08, 2008
- Thundershowers and isolated heavy rain across Thailand - Aug 09, 2008
- Scattered thundershowers nationwide - Aug 30, 2008
- Nong Khai, Sakon Nakhon and Nakhon Phanom are warned of flooding conditions - Jul 10, 2008
- Warning Mekkhla tropical storm on 26 provinces - Sep 30, 2008
- Isolated heavy rain in South and East - Sep 03, 2008
- Heavy rain nationwide whileTyphoon Fung-Wong to hit Taiwan this morning - Jul 28, 2008
- North, Northeast and East seeing isolated heavy rain - Jul 31, 2008
- 150,000 evacuated in China due to typhoon threat - Oct 21, 2010
- Many provinces including Bangkok seeing heavy rain, flooding - Sep 11, 2008
- Heavy rains and floodings in many provinces - Sep 17, 2008
- South-West monsoon advances into Karnataka - Jun 06, 2012