BOC Aviation orders eight Boeing 777-300ERs to lease them to Thai Airways InternationalNovember 3rd, 2010 - 2:09 am ICT by BNO News
SEATTLE (BNO NEWS) — The Boeing Company on Tuesday announced an order for eight 777-300ERs (extended range) from leasing company BOC Aviation.
Boeing said that BOC Aviation plans to lease the 777-300ERs airplanes to Thai Airways International (THAI), which is Thailand’s flagship carrier. The approximate value of the order is $2.2 billion at average list prices.
“The new 777-300ERs will enhance our fleet modernization initiative and help us expand to new markets in Europe,” said Piyasvasti Amranand, President of Thai Airways International.
BOC Aviation ordered the Boeing airplanes due to the economics and high dispatch reliability of the 777-300ERs that are expected to significantly improve THAI’s profitability on new and existing long-haul routes.
“Boeing 777-300ER airplanes have proven their reliability and enabled airlines the world over to profitably operate long-haul routes,” said Robert Martin, BOC Aviation CEO and managing director. “BOC Aviation has helped reinforce fleets for clients worldwide with Boeing airplanes that make economic sense.”
THAI currently operates nearly every 777 model produced, including the 777-200, 777-200ER, 777-300 and 777-300ER. Earlier this year, THAI Cargo became the first carrier in Southeast Asia to use the 777 Freighter through an agreement with Southern Air Holdings.
“Over the years, BOC Aviation and Boeing have worked together to provide the world’s airlines with reliable airplanes that provide superior operational efficiency,” said Marlin Dailey, vice president of Sales & Marketing for Boeing Commercial Airplanes. “These additional Boeing 777-300ERs support THAI’s commitment to expanding market presence while delivering profitable growth.”
- Thai Airways orders six Boeing 777s in deal valued at $1.7 billion - Aug 19, 2011
- Air Austral, Okay Airways and Qatar Airways order new Boeing aircraft - Jul 21, 2010
- Chinese airline to buy 10 Boeing 777s - Feb 29, 2012
- Boeing, Emirates announce $18-bn order for 50 777-300ERs - Nov 13, 2011
- TAAG Angola Airlines orders three aircraft from Boeing - Apr 03, 2012
- Angola Airline orders two 777-300ER jetliners from Boeing - Apr 30, 2010
- Emirates Airline becomes world's largest Boeing 777 operator - Jul 30, 2009
- Panel to rationalise Air India's loss-making routes (Lead) - May 28, 2012
- 100th aircraft to join Jet Airways fleet - Nov 17, 2011
- Day 21, Rs.300 crore losses - Air India crisis continues - May 28, 2012
- Etihad Airways buys stake in Virgin Australia - Jun 07, 2012
- Alaska Airlines orders 15 additional Boeing aircraft - Jan 26, 2011
- Air India to lease out fuel guzzling 777s - Jun 12, 2012
- Etihad, Virgin to launch Australia-Abu Dhabi flights - Aug 27, 2010
- Air India to deploy more wide-bodied planes on global routes - Oct 10, 2009
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,