Arrest warrant issued for former PM ThaksinMay 19th, 2010 - 11:25 pm ICT by BNO News
BANGKOK (BNO NEWS) — The Thai Criminal Court on Wednesday approved the request of the Department of Special Investigation to issue arrest warrant against former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra and nine other people on charge of terrorism, according to The Nation newspaper.
The nine other people wanted on the arrest warrant are Adisorn Piengket, Wiphuthalaeng Phattanaphumthai, Phayup Punket, Jeng Dokjik, Wichian Khaokham, Aree Krainara, Suksek Poltua, Surachai Thewarat and Rachata Wongyod, the newspaper added.
Thaksin was ousted during a military coup in 2006.
- Thailand gets its first woman premier - Aug 05, 2011
- Terrorism charges against me politically motivated: Shinawatra - May 27, 2010
- Thai political battle moves from streets to courts - May 27, 2010
- Thaksin's sister set to be Thai PM - Jul 03, 2011
- Thailand bans Macbeth-like film - Apr 06, 2012
- Thailand to 'soon' issue passport for fugitive former premier Thaksin - Dec 03, 2011
- Thai opposition files impeachment, censure against PM - May 25, 2010
- Thailand asks UAE to extradite fugitive premier - May 04, 2009
- Arrest warrant against ex-PM Shinawatra backed by evidence: Thai Deputy PM - May 26, 2010
- Yingluck to become Thailand's first female prime minister - Jul 04, 2011
- Ex-PM Shinawatra says won't give up his Thai nationality - May 30, 2010
- Former Thai premier Thaksin flies to Nicaragua - Apr 18, 2009
- Thai troops attack protest site, foreign journalist killed - May 19, 2010
- Anti-government protesters in Thailand demand release of leaders - Sep 17, 2010
- Ousted Thai premier seeks political asylum in Britain - Aug 21, 2008