Aide: No charter barring PM to dissolve HouseOctober 22nd, 2008 - 2:50 pm ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
Mr Chusak Sirinil (นายชูศักดิ์ ศิรินิล), Prime Minister’s Secretary-General, rejected as groundless reports that the proposed third Constitutional Drafting Assembly (CDA) would draft a new Constitution barring premier to dissolve lower House.
He stated today (October 22) that the prime minister is empowered, under the Constitution, to dissolve the House.
He also denied as baseless reports suggesting that the government decided to shortern CDA’s life by half to 120 days to be in time before Constitutional Court’s verdict whether to dissolve ruling People Power party (PPP).
CDA’s life, he said, would start when it was established. The 120- days’ life was flexible, he added.
PPP, he said, has set up a committee and a group of lawyers to write a letter clarifying facts about the party to be lodged to the Constitutional court within 15 days for further trial.
The court has preliminary ruled to dissolve PPP.
Source : National News Bureau, Public Relations Department of Thailand
- Mr. Choosak says charter amendment proposals will not yet be made - Aug 01, 2008
- Nepal parties reach power sharing deal - May 03, 2012
- UN hails Egypt's pledge for transparent elections - Feb 18, 2011
- Jamia Millia open to students' union poll, court told - Jul 24, 2012
- PPP accepts Gilani's disqualification verdict - Jun 19, 2012
- Mr Chusak says ex-PM’s decision to stay abroad may be good for PPP - Aug 11, 2008
- Egyptian parliament meets despite court ruling - Jul 11, 2012
- PM agrees to quit as Nepal averts crisis by hair's breadth (Lead) - May 29, 2011
- Legal consultant calls for inspection of credentials of Constitution Tribunal Justice - Nov 11, 2008
- Legal challenge likely to Nepal crisis - May 29, 2011
- Pakistan passes political test with little fuss: Daily - Jun 23, 2012
- Egypt Supreme Court calls for parliament's dissolution - Jun 14, 2012
- Gilani indicted: Sad day for Pakistan, says ruling party - Feb 13, 2012
- Interim Deputy PM resigns - Sep 16, 2008
- Gilani to dissolve cabinet - Feb 04, 2011