6 potentially melamine tainted goods to be recalled out of circulationSeptember 26th, 2008 - 4:08 pm ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
The Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) has asked retailers and importers to desist from selling 6 confectionery products from China for the time being due to safety concerns. All provincial health offices have been instructed to be on the look out for kidney stone in children aged under 1 year.
Deputy Minister of Public Health Vichan Meenchainun (วิชาญ มีนชัยนันท์) accompanied by Secretary-General of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Dr. Chatree Baanchuen (ชาตรี บานชื่น) and Deputy Director-General of the Department of Disease Control Dr. Sirisak Warintharawat (ศิริศักดิ์ วรินทราวาท) yesterday joined together to hold a press conference on measures to safeguard against the impacts of melamine contamination in diary products from China. The three agencies called a gathering of the nation’s importers, producers, retailers and other related businesses to brief them on 6 confectionery products that contain dairy products supplied by China. The items are Mao Huad brand crackers and coffee flavored oatmeal, Oreo brand wafer sticks, Dove brand chocolate milk M&M brand chocolate candies, Snickers bars and Mentos brand yogurt mix and yogurt flavored chewing candy. All related businesses were asked to desist from distributing the items and to submit the goods for inspection. If the goods were cleared after a 1-2 week testing period, they would be allowed further sale.
The Deputy Director-General of the Department of Disease Control revealed that his department has notified provincial health authorities and hospitals to beware of symptoms of kidney stones in infants. Medical personnel have been asked to notify the Ministry of Health to their suspicions.
Source : National News Bureau, Public Relations Department of Thailand
- FDA inspects White Rabbit toffee for fear of melamine content - Sep 24, 2008
- Zero-calorie candy for sweet-looking face - Dec 16, 2010
- India extends ban on milk products from China - Jun 24, 2010
- Now Kareena to endorse chocolate brand (With Images) - Apr 23, 2012
- It's the Smarties 75th anniversary - Jan 30, 2012
- Today is National Chocolate Ice Cream Day - Jun 07, 2012
- Coming soon: Zero-calorie candy that gives you a 'sweet-looking' face! - Dec 16, 2010
- 'Toxic' Candy Recalled By FDA Due To Lead Levels - Jan 16, 2011
- Himalya International launches 'Himalaya Fresh' - Feb 18, 2010
- Just Born Marshmallow Peeps Halloween Surprise - Sep 29, 2010
- Alcohol-flavoured fudge 'will entice kids' - Nov 21, 2010
- Candy Cigarettes Banned By FDA - Jun 24, 2010
- Charming Vanessa Hudgens Has Been Selected As The New Girl Of Candie's - Jan 28, 2011
- Italy's Ferrero to set up $125 mn second chocolate unit in India - Aug 16, 2010
- Kidney disease on rise in Pakistan - Mar 10, 2012