FLOODING ON SAMUI ISLAND (KOH SAMUI) As of 10 November 2007November 16th, 2007 - 8:56 pm ICT by admin
With no further rain since 9 November 2007, the situation on Samui Island is steadily returning to normal. The Tourism Authority of Thailand’s Tourist Information Centre in Samui has reported that, as of 10 November, the skies are clear.
The Talat Dao Seafood area is the only area where some floodwater remains. However, all roads on the island are open to traffic and all vehicles, big and small, are able to pass.
Flights in and out of Samui Island are operating normally with a total of 17 to 20 flights daily.
The hourly Don Sak-Koh Samui-Don Sak ferry service operated by Raja Ferry and SeaTran Ferry have not been impacted by weather conditions and have continued to operate normally.
Tel: +66 (0) 77 471 151, (0) 77 423 190 - 1
Tel: +66 (0) 77 471 174 – 7
TAT’s Tourist Information Centre on Samui continues to receive calls and enquiries. It is advising visitors that travel has resumed, and that it is possible for them to proceed with travel plans as normal.
TAT’s Tourist Information Centre, Samui
Tel: +66 (0) 77 420 720 – 2
Source : tatnews.org
- Hundreds of stranded tourists rescued in flood-hit Thailand - Apr 01, 2011
- Bangkok Airways connects Bangalore and Thailand - Oct 04, 2011
- Plane slides off runway on Thai holiday island, one dead (Lead) - Aug 04, 2009
- Indian travel firms eye growing gay tourism pie - Jul 17, 2011
- Indian tourists love Thailand, despite turmoil - Jun 20, 2010
- Bijlani sinks Panchal in all-India snooker - Aug 02, 2012
- Air India starts Delhi-Port Blair flight - Oct 03, 2011
- Andaman jolted, tremors in states (Second Lead) - Jun 13, 2010
- Google to add Thailand to Street View - Sep 02, 2011
- Your popular snack could be making you ill: Study - Mar 30, 2012
- Plane slides off runway on Thai holiday island - Aug 04, 2009
- Business as usual for Indian companies in Maldives - Feb 12, 2012
- Lahiri one behind leader Prayad at Queens Cup Golf - Jun 16, 2011
- Delhi's Chabad House closed for non-Israelis - Feb 14, 2012
- Thailand tourism woos industry, travellers with tax-breaks, freebies - Jun 19, 2011
Tags: 9 november, air travel, contact, dao, don sak, koh samui, raja, samui island, skies, talat, tourism authority of thailand, tourist information centre, travel flights, travel plans, weather conditions