YouGov poll reveals that Britons are bored of Social MediaMarch 6th, 2012 - 10:01 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Mar 6 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Following the boom of social media networks during the last parts of the last decade of the century, the effects seems to be draining from some people. In a recent poll by YouGov, many Brits are reporting getting bored with social media.
The report identified that as much as 41 percent of Brits’ online population reported being bored on social networking site indicating their willingness to reduce their time there.
On the specifics, the study found that Facebook is the most popular social networking site in Britain. The researchers identified that 65 percent of all Internet users visited the site in February. Over the same period, just a little over half that number – 23 percent – visited the miniblog site Twitter. Some other famous sites in the country include Google+ and LinkedIn.
The researchers also identified that generally, people are spending less time on social networking sites when compared to last year’s figures. The respondents revealed that they visit these sites for specific purposes and mostly leave immediately after that.
Nineteen percent of the respondents indicated that they will reduce the amount of time they spend on the social media sites over the next 12 months.
- Social media bores Britons - Mar 06, 2012
- Urban Indian youths bored of social media: Survey - Jan 19, 2012
- LinkedIn sinks, Silicon Valley fears doom - Aug 09, 2011
- Gays more frequent blog readers, social network users - Jul 14, 2010
- Working with government to remove hateful content: Facebook - Aug 21, 2012
- Social networking sites play no role in students' grades - Dec 27, 2009
- 'India has world's youngest internet population' - Feb 24, 2012
- Social media to drive movement against corruption: Survey - Dec 11, 2011
- How To Find Jobs Through Social Networking Sites - Oct 18, 2010
- Social networking teens may turn drinks, drugs addicted - Aug 26, 2011
- Half of British parents favour cane in classroom - Sep 16, 2011
- Internet addiction overwhelming British adults - Mar 30, 2012
- Social media becoming double-edged sword - Aug 21, 2012
- Facebooking doesn't keep students up at night: Study - Jan 17, 2010
- Updates on social networking sites worth more than $30m a day - Apr 13, 2011
Tags: 12 months, amount of time, boom, britons, brits, facebook, google, internet users, last decade, london, media networks, number 23, population, recent poll, respondents, social networking site, social networking sites, specifics, willingness