Xbox 360 Users Now Get Internet TV ServiceOctober 14th, 2010 - 8:52 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Oct 14, (THAINDIAN NEWS) There is good news for the owners of the Xbox 360 console since AT&T is all set to make the U-Verse TV service accessible on the gaming console. The service is also going to be launched for the Windows 7 phones that are coming out in the market shortly. However, not all Xbox 360 owners would be able to avail the service in either Canada or USA. It is only available for the subscribers of U Verse. Another catch is that the Xbox console will not function as the main set top box. The owners would have to use it as the secondary one. The Xbox 360 integration of the service will start rolling out on Oct 15th as the AT&T spokespersons have confirmed. The companies are promoting the service in a big way.
AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets chief marketing officer David Christopher said the service will give the customers the chance to watch TV almost anywhere. The users of Xbox 360 can get chat and game invitations from their buddies by means of Xbox Live when they watch Live TV. The best thing is that they can effortlessly switch from game mode to TV. The new customers will have to pay $99 while the existing customers are getting it for free.
Microsoft and AT &T are both very excited to dole out this service. The Xbox owners will get the chance to multitask on their devices. It is not known whether rival Sony is toying with similar ideas. The service may make web TV a viable option for the mainstream consumers who have shied away from it so far.
- Microsoft to bring cable TV content to Xbox game console - Oct 06, 2011
- Microsoft X-Box Slim Release Date Announced At E3 - Jun 15, 2010
- Call Of Duty Black Ops Creates Sensation On Release - Nov 10, 2010
- 'Thor' Movie Tie In Admitted By Sega - Jul 25, 2010
- Microsoft's Project Natal may spell the end for joypads - Jan 08, 2010
- AT&T broadband data caps - May 03, 2011
- Netflix Ties Up With Nintendo - Jan 22, 2010
- Cyber Monday Unveils Bonanza For Gaming Addicts - Nov 30, 2010
- Microsoft's announcement, nothing to do with Barnes & Noble - Jun 19, 2012
- Hulu Plus Makes Debut, But Can It Compete With Netflix? - Jun 30, 2010
- Microsoft unveils voice activated Xbox Kinect - Nov 05, 2010
- Countless Mesmerizing 'Black Friday 2010' Offers Already Enunciated - Nov 19, 2010
- OnLive Cloud Based Gaming Console Makes Debut - Nov 18, 2010
- Microsoft's 'Kinect' to allow users to use Xbox with body movements - Jun 15, 2010
- Microsoft Kinect becomes fastest-selling electronic device of all time - Mar 11, 2011
Tags: amp, buddies, chief marketing, consumer markets, existing customers, free microsoft, game mode, internet tv, invitations, mainstream consumers, ranjan, spokespersons, subscribers, u verse tv, u verse tv service, viable option, web tv, xbox, xbox 360, xbox live