Verizon to market iPhone soon in the USOctober 10th, 2010 - 11:07 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Oct 10 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Verizon customers in the United States could be using their Verizon iPhone pretty soon. In fact sources close to Apple allege that the company is planning to make the iPhone 4 available to Verizon customers as early as the earlier part of 2011.
That will be good news for the customers of America’s most popular cellular network operator.
Rumor has been rife about possible release of iPhone for Verizon customers in the United States since some time. Last week, the Wall Street Journal carried a similar story about a possible release of Verizon iPhone by Apple. However the current report, which was carried by the New York Times, cites the sources that provided the information.
According to the NYT, the person who disclosed the news to the newspaper pleaded anonymity. The report says that Apple and Verizon have had meetings and planned to release the product early next year.
Since iPhone was introduced in the United States in 2007, rumors have circulated about the arrival of the Smartphone on Verizon. The Smartphone is currently available o only AT&T and the hugely successful iPhone might this time expand the wireless carriers.
- Apple making new iPhone for Verizon - Oct 07, 2010
- Apple iPhone 5 release eagerly awaited - Jan 12, 2011
- Cheaper smaller 'iPhone Nano' in the pipeline - Feb 11, 2011
- iPhone 5 release date rumors abound - Apr 21, 2011
- Verizon sets iPhone 4 record - Feb 05, 2011
- Verizon iPhone: Possible Repercussions On Cell Phone Industry - Jan 09, 2011
- iPhone 4S sales top 4 mn in first weekend: Apple - Oct 18, 2011
- Verizon Announces iPhone Coming On Its Network, Users Excited - Jan 12, 2011
- Verizon Wireless to introduce tiered data plan in next four to six months - Sep 24, 2010
- iPhone 5 might be released in October - Aug 23, 2011
- Apple to launch smaller iPhone - Feb 11, 2011
- Verizon iPhone: How Will It Affect The Users? - Jan 12, 2011
- Survey reveals that Android and Apple control 71 percent of the smartphone market - Nov 30, 2011
- Apple working on smaller, cheaper iPhone - Feb 14, 2011
- Verizon, AT&T; crucial to BlackBerry tablet sales - Apr 22, 2011