Verizon iPhone: Will It Spell The Doom For AT&T?January 11th, 2011 - 9:17 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Jan 11, (THAINDIAN NEWS) On Tuesday, Verizon, the network with the largest 3G network in United States is expected to roll out its version of iPhone. Since its thunderous debut in 2007, the Apple iPhone has been sold in U.S. by AT&T and with Verizon’s iPhone launch, its dominance over the device may soon come to an end. As expected, neither Verizon nor Apple has confirmed anything on this matter so far but the speculations are going to end soon at the press conference called by Verizon. The industry watchers are almost sure this time that Verizon iPhone will not end up as a rumor. What remains to be seen is the impact of this launch on AT&T which, despite its numerous flaws had retained the hold over iPhone.
While Verizon has always raced ahead of rival AT&T as far as network coverage is concerned, a section of industry veterans are unsure whether it will continue to do so after launching iPhone. The users of iPhone usually download data heavily and this is what led to the infamous shoddy network performance of AT&T. In recent times AT&T has improved on its network coverage as well as speed significantly but its image of a slow and shoddy network provider has not really changed in U.S. Of course, Verizon has the advantage of learning from the mistakes of its rival in coming days.
Once it is launched, iPhone Verizon may face unprecedented data load on its network. As of now, Verizon is busy rolling out its super fast LTE 4G network in U.S. Most likely its iPhone will run on its existing 3G network which is quite robust. Verizon would do better not to rely so much on WiFi which AT&T did.
- Verizon iPhone: How Will It Affect The Users? - Jan 12, 2011
- Apple Launches iPhone On Verizon, AT&T Retorts - Jan 12, 2011
- Verizon iPhone Launch No Longer A Rumor? - Jan 08, 2011
- Verizon iPhone Announcement May Come on Jan 11 - Jan 08, 2011
- Apple's new iPad brings 4G, better camera, more pixels - Mar 09, 2012
- Verizon, AT&T; crucial to BlackBerry tablet sales - Apr 22, 2011
- Apple To Launch Next Versions Of iPhone And iPad - Jan 19, 2011
- Droid Bionic From Motorola Shown At CES 2011 - Jan 06, 2011
- Verizon iPhone: Possible Repercussions On Cell Phone Industry - Jan 09, 2011
- Verizon Announces iPhone Coming On Its Network, Users Excited - Jan 12, 2011
- Apple iPhone 5 release eagerly awaited - Jan 12, 2011
- iPhone 4 Selling Well And Facing Problems Too - Jun 27, 2010
- Steve Jobs makes surprise appearance to unveil iPad2 - Mar 03, 2011
- Apple making new iPhone for Verizon - Oct 07, 2010
- Toktumi Unveils Line2 App For Iphone Users - Mar 26, 2010
Tags: 3g network, amp, apple iphone, debut, dominance, doom, industry veterans, iphone, launch, network coverage, network performance, network provider, ranjan, speculations, unprecedented data, verizon, wifi