Verizon iPhone data plan is for $30 per monthJanuary 26th, 2011 - 1:13 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Jan 25 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Verizon’s iPhone data plan is out. If you want to use data with Verizon iPhone, you will be required to pay $30 each month for unlimited data usage.
The carrier’s other usage plans will not be supported on the iPhone 4. Though the plan is undoubtedly very good for users who are data addicts, those that only want to check their mail and do some basic Internet tasks won’t be happy with this plan.
Engadget first broke the news of the data plan when the plan was leaked to it. Verizon eventually confirmed the plan to msnbc.com.
A spokesperson for Verizon, Jeffrey T. Nelson, told the website that the $15 per month will be “discontinued at the end of January for all phones. We do offer new promotions from time to time, of course.”
It may be recalled that AT&T who enjoyed monopoly for the iPhone cancelled the unlimited data plan for most of its users. The carrier offered unlimited data for $20 per month in 2007 to its customers. The rate was reviewed to $30 a month in 2008 and eventually discontinued for many users in 2009.
Some customers though still enjoy the $30 a month unlimited plan on AT&T though the company now officially only offers $15 per month for 200MB data and $25 a month for 2 gigabyte limit.
- Verizon iPhone: How Will It Affect The Users? - Jan 12, 2011
- Verizon Wireless to introduce tiered data plan in next four to six months - Sep 24, 2010
- AT&T To Finish Unrestricted Data Plans For Smart Phones - Jun 03, 2010
- Verizon Announces iPhone Coming On Its Network, Users Excited - Jan 12, 2011
- Apple Launches iPhone On Verizon, AT&T Retorts - Jan 12, 2011
- AT&T Ending Unlimited Data Plans, Users May Grumble - Jun 03, 2010
- Verizon, AT&T; crucial to BlackBerry tablet sales - Apr 22, 2011
- Verizon to market iPhone soon in the US - Oct 10, 2010
- Verizon sets iPhone 4 record - Feb 05, 2011
- Google's Android outsells iPhone, threatens BlackBerry - May 11, 2010
- Apple to launch smaller iPhone - Feb 11, 2011
- Verizon iPhone Launch No Longer A Rumor? - Jan 08, 2011
- Cheaper smaller 'iPhone Nano' in the pipeline - Feb 11, 2011
- Verizon Not Getting iPhone 4 This Year - Jun 08, 2010
- Torch 9800 most satisfying smart phone from BlackBerry - Nov 23, 2010