Verizon Gears Up To Sell Google Nexus OneJanuary 6th, 2010 - 8:29 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Jan 6, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The news of Google’s upcoming phone Nexus One has been doing the round in the web for quite some time. The internet rumor sites got some leaked footages of the phone and they were circulated within hours on the Internet. The device is likely to be sold on various carriers as per the latest news. It will bolster the prospects of Android mobile OS and pose a threat to Apple iPhone. The battle for supremacy in the high end smart phone market is being fought between RIM and Apple presently. Close on the heels of the success of Motorola Milestone, the Nexus One can give Apple adequate reasons to worry.
The fact that Google Nexus One will be offered directly to the users through the web indicates that the consumers will lap it up readily. The carriers that will sell it will offer competitive plans which will further attract more customers. The new phone from Google has been made by Taiwanese company HTC and its price has been set at $529. In Europe, the phone will be sold by Verizon Wireless which has already launched Droid- another hot selling Android based handset.
Spec wise, the New Google phone beats the iPhone on several counts. It has a bigger screen to start with. The camera and talk time is also much improved compared to iPhone. The iPhone user worried with AT&Ts network might feel interested to switch to Verizon after this phone is launched. The Nexus One runs the new version of Android OS. The pre-release version scores a perfect 10 in terms of usability and features.
- Google unveils its first mobile phone - Jan 06, 2010
- Droid Incredible To Be Released In April - Apr 15, 2010
- Verizon iPhone Launch No Longer A Rumor? - Jan 08, 2011
- Verizon On New Marketing Drive Focused On Android - Jun 29, 2010
- Motorola acknowledges the screen problems with 'Droid X' - Jul 26, 2010
- Google Discontinuing Nexus One In The USA - Jul 20, 2010
- Verizon confirms that there is a screen problem with Motorola Droid X, announces a fix for it - Jul 22, 2010
- Motorola launches world's `thinnest' smartphone - Oct 19, 2011
- Apple, Google, RIM neck-and-neck in smart phone market - Mar 04, 2011
- Verizon Not Getting iPhone 4 This Year - Jun 08, 2010
- Windows 7 Phone Unveiled By Microsoft! - Oct 12, 2010
- iPhone 4 Faces New Threat In The Form Of Droid X - Jun 24, 2010
- Apple to launch smaller iPhone - Feb 11, 2011
- Motorola And Verizon Readies Droid Update - Dec 10, 2009
- Google Chrome Tablet To Hit Market Later This Year - Aug 22, 2010
Tags: apple iphone, gears, google, htc, internet rumor, iphone, milestone, mobile os, nexus, prospects, quite some time, ranjan, rim, smart phone, taiwanese company, talk time, ts network, usability, verizon, verizon wireless