Verizon Announces iPhone Coming On Its Network, Users ExcitedJanuary 12th, 2011 - 8:00 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Jan 12, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The year old rumor in the technology industry became a reality Tuesday with largest wireless carrier of USA aka Verizon confirming yesterday that the iPhone will be made available on its network. So far AT&T used to be the sole carrier for the Apple iPhone in USA leaving the users with little choice. Apple and Verizon said that the interested buyers can pre-order their Verizon iPhone on February 3rd 2011. The launch date of the Verizon iPhone is set on Feb 10th. The model will cost the buyers $199. They can buy the iPhone from both Apple and Verizon stores as well as online. The 32 GB version will cost $299 to the buyers as it has been reported.
Lowell McAdam the Chief Operating Officer of Verizon said at the NYC press conference on Tuesday that “This is an important step for the industry as two great companies join forces to give wireless customers one of the most important technological additions to the mobile landscape this century”. He also revealed that the two entities started talking about partnering in 2008 and for some time, the performance of iPhone was tested on Verizon’s CDMA network. Tim Cook, Apple’s Chief Operating Officer was there and he said that the Verizon iPhone will offer the buyers identical features they can get in the recent version of iPhone. The new iPhone will have a new redesigned antenna. Verizon also said that its 3G network is fully capable of coping with the data usage by iPhone users.
The Verizon iPhone will be the first smart phone from Apple to run on CDMA technology. However, Verizon will not sell the older iPhone 3GS at a reduced rate.
- Verizon iPhone: How Will It Affect The Users? - Jan 12, 2011
- Apple Launches iPhone On Verizon, AT&T Retorts - Jan 12, 2011
- Apple to launch smaller iPhone - Feb 11, 2011
- Beijing firm to launch CDMA iPhone 4S - Jan 31, 2012
- Verizon iPhone Announcement May Come on Jan 11 - Jan 08, 2011
- iPhone 5 pre-orders top record 2 million in first 24 hours - Sep 18, 2012
- Verizon iPhone Launch No Longer A Rumor? - Jan 08, 2011
- Apple redesigns iPod touch, updates iPod nano - Sep 13, 2012
- Apple making new iPhone for Verizon - Oct 07, 2010
- Verizon iPhone: Possible Repercussions On Cell Phone Industry - Jan 09, 2011
- Cheaper smaller 'iPhone Nano' in the pipeline - Feb 11, 2011
- Verizon Not Getting iPhone 4 This Year - Jun 08, 2010
- iPhone 4 Selling Well And Facing Problems Too - Jun 27, 2010
- Verizon Wireless To Launch Samsung Fascinate Smartphone - Jun 29, 2010
- Verizon, AT&T; crucial to BlackBerry tablet sales - Apr 22, 2011
Tags: 3g network, 3gs, amp, antenna, apple iphone, cdma network, chief operating officer, entities, gb version, interested buyers, iphone, launch, network users, smart phone, technological additions, technology industry, tim cook, verizon, wireless carrier, wireless customers