Twitter unstable todayOctober 13th, 2009 - 2:42 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
San Francisco, Oct 12 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Users of the popular social networking website Twitter were experiencing technical difficulties with the service on Monday, causing over-capacity and server errors.
The users were unable to access their accounts and post what they are currently doing in tweets. A tweet is a 140 character update about what that person is doing right down. This enables him to be in touch with his friends and followers.
Many of the users were getting Server Error 503 or 500 as they tried to access their account and post tweets.
Status updates using twitter API like TweetDeck, Gravity, EchoFon were failing.
There was a problem with over-capacity too.
On the official Twitter Status Blog at about 3:11 PM (EDT) this information was posted, “We’re looking into the cause of the 500 errors that are being seen by users on twitter.com. We’re also working on the posting problems that many people are running into when trying to create tweets.”
Two days ago, Twitter was frozen for a while and then ironically ‘Twitter is Frozen’ became a trending topic on Twitter itself. On 8th October, many users experienced the problem when their timelines were delayed. The official Twitter blog said “We are currently investigating a problem causing many users’ timelines to be delayed. We will update with status here shortly.”
Twitter is a micro blogging and a social networking site, which is a big, hit with the youngsters and celebs who use it to keep in touch with their fans.
- Twitter confirms it acquired TweetDeck, terms not disclosed - May 26, 2011
- Twitter offline for some, others experience problems - Mar 14, 2010
- Twitter buys British app network TweetDeck - May 26, 2011
- Twitter crosses the 5 billion tweet mark - Oct 20, 2009
- Gmail outage affects tens of millions of users worldwide - Apr 18, 2012
- Airtel offers free Twitter service till March 1 - Dec 01, 2011
- Facebook Down - Don't Panic - Sep 24, 2010
- Is Wikipedia down? - Mar 25, 2010
- Report: UberMedia to acquire TweetDeck for $30 million - Feb 14, 2011
- Twitter brought down by DoS attack - Aug 06, 2009
- Facebook Outage Leaves The Company Red Faced - Sep 24, 2010
- 'Malicious' cause paralyses Twitter - Aug 07, 2009
- Users Restless As Tumblr Remains Down For Hours - Dec 06, 2010
- Twitter dies, Facebook wounded in social site attacks - Aug 06, 2009
- Energy bugs drain smartphone batteries - Jun 14, 2012